I need a new MP3 player for windows.

Count me in as experiencing WinAmp weirdness too... don't know what the fuck. I loved it two or three versions ago, but with every update I have new and bizarre problems. I'll probably get my virtual ass kicked all over the forum for this, but I've been using WMP lately and haven't had any problems with it.

Let the bashing commence....

SpangeMonkee said:
i've been runnin' winamp since '96 or so and I never had ANY problems, but recently, when I loaded a song/movie/CD, it would hang and take up 80% of my resources. I even updated the damn thing and it still had problems. beats me.
That's weird. Just out of curiosity, what antivirus software are you using? When I was using McAfee, I noticed that there would be a huge slowdown whenever I'd open a very resource hungry application that wasn't already resident in memory. I did a little digging and found that the reason for the slowdown was because my AV was scanning every file as the program called them. It bumped my CPU utilization to 100% for like 3 minutes because of it.

Kriegersaurus said:
Count me in as experiencing WinAmp weirdness too... don't know what the fuck. I loved it two or three versions ago, but with every update I have new and bizarre problems. I'll probably get my virtual ass kicked all over the forum for this, but I've been using WMP lately and haven't had any problems with it.

Let the bashing commence....
same here, the lastest version of winamp has been locking up on my like a motherfucker - I bet if you pay for the full version it's flawless

CletusJones said:
That's weird. Just out of curiosity, what antivirus software are you using? When I was using McAfee, I noticed that there would be a huge slowdown whenever I'd open a very resource hungry application that wasn't already resident in memory. I did a little digging and found that the reason for the slowdown was because my AV was scanning every file as the program called them. It bumped my CPU utilization to 100% for like 3 minutes because of it.

I use fdisk for my antivirus.

I happen to like iTunes. It keeps things organised, I like the Party Shuffle feature, and its sooo cute !

SpangeMonkee said:
what's the diff between random and party shuffle?

Party Shuffe picks a number of .. say 15 .. random tracks and displays them in a mini playlist. You can see whats coming up, choose to skip songs that you dont want to hear etc.

I've become a Windows whore and use WMP........ :( I don't need the plug-ins and swirly shit to be on the screen when I'm listening to music, so I think I'll give Foobar a try just to see what all the stir is about.

BigDov said:
I've become a Windows whore and use WMP........ :( I don't need the plug-ins and swirly shit to be on the screen when I'm listening to music, so I think I'll give Foobar a try just to see what all the stir is about.
When I use WMP, I just dock it to the task bar. I rarely maximize it. Works fine. That's kinda why I don't understand all the fuss.

theacoustician said:
When I use WMP, I just dock it to the task bar. I rarely maximize it. Works fine. That's kinda why I don't understand all the fuss.

Same here, but once in a while if I load up a shitload of songs, I like to see what's playing........ and I never have remembered to turn the stupid visualizations off :eek: