I need a new book

theacoustician said:
There are so many varied suggestions here that I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm gonna have to write these down and then hunt them at Barnes and Noble. Although I was reminded that I need to read the new Jon Stewart book too. Maybe I'll be getting a few books.

I have an audio copy of it if you know a way for me to send it to you. It's at home at the moment. I've been meaning to listen to it.

theacoustician said:
There are so many varied suggestions here that I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm gonna have to write these down and then hunt them at Barnes and Noble. Although I was reminded that I need to read the new Jon Stewart book too. Maybe I'll be getting a few books.

Why don't you pick up an educational book as well... something new to learn. Like The Many Uses of Mayo... or something random. :tard:

JJ Lady said:
The Gunslinger - Steven King. Then you will get hooked and have to read the rest of the Dark Tower Series! Its all part of my evil plan! Bwwahahaha!

My daughter got hooked on the Dark Tower series, but I just can't get into it for one reason or another.

I'm going back and re-reading the Lord of the Rings books, I'm on the second one now. I read the first, second, and part of the third before, I intend to finish all three this time around.

b_sinning said:
Hell Yeah!

or Small Gods by Terry Pratchet

It's a wonderful satire on organized religion while just being a light hearted and funny story at first glance. It's not tied to the rest of his books so you can read it with out reading the others.

I need to pick up "Wicked" Later. It suppose to be the story of the story of the wicked witch of the west from Oz. Her upbringing and why she was the way she was. My co-workers have a book club and I go occasionally if they have a decent book becuase they always discuss them in bars and it turns into a drunken debate which is always fun.
My wife read Wicked and loved it