I need a new book

The Gunslinger - Steven King. Then you will get hooked and have to read the rest of the Dark Tower Series! Its all part of my evil plan! Bwwahahaha!

SpangeMonkee said:
I listened to some of the audio book on a trip not to long ago. very interesting.

It rocks. I started reading the 2nd book when I was very young. It was in the library and had bad words so I checked it out. It was really good. Then in the last year or so I started the series from the begining and then I got Bast to read them. We were both addicted!

The Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins

Bringing Down the House - I forget

A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson

The Fabric of the Cosmos - Brian Greene

bast_imret said:
Go with the recent useless book review. Battle Royale paperback.

Hell Yeah!

or Small Gods by Terry Pratchet

It's a wonderful satire on organized religion while just being a light hearted and funny story at first glance. It's not tied to the rest of his books so you can read it with out reading the others.

I need to pick up "Wicked" Later. It suppose to be the story of the story of the wicked witch of the west from Oz. Her upbringing and why she was the way she was. My co-workers have a book club and I go occasionally if they have a decent book becuase they always discuss them in bars and it turns into a drunken debate which is always fun.

There are so many varied suggestions here that I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm gonna have to write these down and then hunt them at Barnes and Noble. Although I was reminded that I need to read the new Jon Stewart book too. Maybe I'll be getting a few books.