I learned a terrible truth

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I have a little bit of land in West Virginia. I was inspecting a map of the place the other day, a few of the coordinates are off by a bit. I was going to redraw the print (it's from 1978) fixing the coordinates, adding elevations and a few landmarks. I happen to be at my parents and got a story about how it came to be in the family.

My great grandfather lost his job in Ohio during the depression and moved back to West Virginia with his parents. His dad split his land in two and told him, there you go, farm away and quit bugging me. But he gave him the half where the slave labor resided at some point.

I HAVE SLAVE LAND. Who wants to come work for me? :hi2u: Cotton doesn't grow too well in the climate but you can plant watermelons for me.

Anyways, any interesting stories about your family, where they came from?

Redrawing it? That reminds me, I had to CAD out the plat for this property. The original surveyors must have been fucking retarded, it is a concave polygon with 6 sides, unfortunately according angle measurements in the deed (6−2)pi radians does NOT equal the sum of the interior angles. That is, it's is a map of something that doesnt exist in Euclidean geometry. :tard:

You should totally have a UF shoot there. WV is only like 400 miles from me.

My mother's family is from Sussex, they moved to Virginia in 1640. 20 slaves were sold in the 1750s to finance a move to KY and set up a very large farm.

itburnswhenipee said:
I'm assuming you claim it as a tree farm for the tax break?
Silvaculture doesnt have a tax break in NY. But for cleaning up all the previous owner's trash, taking pictures, and writing a 'report' on the methods used the NYS DEC sent me 800 assorted saplings.

omg we could have a UF slave meet. Oh the possibilities. I could be JJ's house slave, the one who pleases her when the master is away.

FlamingGlory said:
Redrawing it? That reminds me, I had to CAD out the plat for this property. The original surveyors must have been fucking retarded, it is a concave polygon with 6 sides, unfortunately according angle measurements in the deed (6−2)pi radians does NOT equal the sum of the interior angles. That is, it's is a map of something that doesnt exist in Euclidean geometry. :tard:

You should totally have a UF shoot there. WV is only like 400 miles from me.

My mother's family is from Sussex, they moved to Virginia in 1640. 20 slaves were sold in the 1750s to finance a move to KY and set up a very large farm.

I don't really want to post it but I could probably show you the map, it's amusing.

As for a shoot...my grandfather has a tiny spot, only 20 acres, with a cabin on it a short ride on four wheelers or pickup truck away. It is used 3 weeks out of the year, heh. We go down there and have reunions. They look like this or this. A meet there would be fun :lol: Don't even get cell phone reception.

If you want to go further back, my dad's family is from France, were driven out during one of their gay revolutions, married a bunch of Native Americans and multiplied.

My mother's family were a bunch of plantation owners in Alabama and some immigrants from Ireland 5 generations ago.

My dad's family settled in Carroll County and Baltimore prior to the revolutionary war. They were farmers and later they worked on the railroads. We have a revolutionary war general in our family, General Mordecai Gist.

Mordecai must be the coolest name in the world. Why couldn't my parents have named me Mordecai? Let's see Drool find a bib for that.

M5802702_36_2.JPG

Sarcasmo said:
omg we could have a UF slave meet. Oh the possibilities. I could be JJ's house slave, the one who pleases her when the master is away.

Fortunately, she's out of the house more than I am :hi2u: