I just spent roughly 12 hours writing a paper

theacoustician said:
Seems kinda pointless, but its cool that you know enough about a subject to write that much.
There is only so much you can write, a half hour would teach you all you need to know. I made use of textbooks and other resources quite well though :D

Sarcasmo said:
That guy is such a fruit cake. I saw that latest episode. I think he was high at the time.
I haven't seen it, I was reading about it in The Observer though. They believe that it was a cry to be loved more than excitement.

I have yet to figure out the point of research papers. I never had to write one in college and am thankful for that. Might have had something to do with my entire second year being nothing but art studio classes, at that point I was sick of the "general classes".

fly said:
what the hell.
Alot of students in Ireland stay at their school instead of attending College (usually only High-end schools provide this) so that they may progress straight to University in their field of choice. I have narrowed my subjects down to Medicine & Biochemistry. Effectively it's degree level work, just a shorter space of time in which to complete it.

kiwi said:
I have yet to figure out the point of research papers. I never had to write one in college and am thankful for that. Might have had something to do with my entire second year being nothing but art studio classes, at that point I was sick of the "general classes".
They look good when presented to a research-oriented job position, as well as if you intend to carry on study to Masters or Doctorate level.

Galen said:
They look good when presented to a research-oriented job position, as well as if you intend to carry on study to Masters or Doctorate level.

Well sure, maybe for those people :p .

Galen said:
art encompasses alot of subjects here. You can have an art degree in natural sciences, doesn't mean it's any less difficult.

I didn't say I have an bachelor of arts, I said I majored in art. This means to me drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, etc. Should I have said I majored in fine arts? Would that satisfy?

eileenbunny said:
I didn't say I have an bachelor of arts, I said I majored in art. This means to me drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, etc. Should I have said I majored in fine arts? Would that satisfy?
You don't need to satisfy me, I just don't understand how your system works. Here a major means that you have taken a minor along with that subject, ie. Math and Economics, you will still however graduate with Joint Honours in both and be awarded the post-nominal qualification of BSc.

Galen said:
You didn't stay on? I don't blame you, but it's always nice to spend an extra year or two to become a master in that field.

I only went to college for 2 years, than I got married and couldn't afford to go back. I did learn enough to know that I wanted to do photography instead of computer animation (my first major) and have since started my own photography business anyway. Fortunately with most fields of art its all about your portfolio, not degrees earned. I do plan on taking a few graphic design courses in the next year.

eileenbunny said:

What area did you go into?

kiwi said:
I only went to college for 2 years, than I got married and couldn't afford to go back. I did learn enough to know that I wanted to do photography instead of computer animation (my first major) and have since started my own photography business anyway. Fortunately with most fields of art its all about your portfolio, not degrees earned. I do plan on taking a few graphic design courses in the next year.
Best of luck to you. My sister originally did computer animation but decided against it. She went on to complete an MFA in Fine Art & Glass.

Most people don't relize how difficult a degree in art really is. I've taken at least 6 art history classes in whihc you have to memorize a ton of dates and works. Plus all the studio time you have to put in to get the same amount of credit as someone with another degree is extraordinary. 3 credit hours for 9 hours worth of time. Plus, you have to add on another couple of hours outside of class to met the demands of the class. it really kinda sucks.

SpangeMonkee said:
Most people don't relize how difficult a degree in art really is. I've taken at least 6 art history classes in whihc you have to memorize a ton of dates and works. Plus all the studio time you have to put in to get the same amount of credit as someone with another degree is extraordinary. 3 credit hours for 9 hours worth of time. Plus, you have to add on another couple of hours outside of class to met the demands of the class. it really kinda sucks.

I agree. The nice thing is that I actually enjoy doing it as opposed to a report in biology or studying for a math test. I guess thats why I attempted to major in art instead of one of those other fields.

kiwi said:
I agree. The nice thing is that I actually enjoy doing it as opposed to a report in biology or studying for a math test. I guess thats why I attempted to major in art instead of one of those other fields.
I agree also, but come on! Biology reports as well as math tests are fun as hell! I'm even doing one right now (Well supposed to be, I'm typing here instead...)

Galen said:
I agree also, but come on! Biology reports as well as math tests are fun as hell! I'm even doing one right now (Well supposed to be, I'm typing here instead...)

You just keep telling yourself that.