WTF I have decided to unfollow Jesus.

Yes and no. It's as strong or stronger - locks in tighter because it swells slightly right as it gets close to cool. Due to antimony. But people use lead solder because it flows smoother. As we say in the biz, just don't eat powdered sugar donuts while using it and you'll be fine. ;)

Lead free sucks and breaks .
Lead-free covers a lot of different metal mixes. Really depends which lead-free mix you are using with which metal. The common antimony-tin-copper shit they sell for plumbing is a real drag for workability. Brittle and has putzy adhesion to many materials. *Plumbing lead free isn't supposed to be used on galvanized - bond between the antimony and zinc is particularly weak and crystalline. Silver solder is a lead-free and it has wonderful flow and smoothness, and lower melting point than most lead solders. I use silver solder exclusively for smaller/finer electronics repair. meh. I still buy 60/40 lead solder for stained glass work - bestest flow. I just don't eat powdered sugar donuts or Cheetos while soldering with it.

I thought the lead joke was a reference to leaded glass. ?

Can someone please insert a couple of paragraphs here explaining how I got that wrong?

:hay:

5c35090cc2c63.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie