Food I have decided to pick up some Beer

67 tempest with plans to put some GTO stuff in it. its just the 326 right now and it needs some lovin' (Jason drove it back from Janesville with baaaaaarely functioning brakes :lol: ) but it's a project
I like it. If y'all need any bits and bobs, I'd be happy to dig through my pile of spares :)
DSC_0131.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: august and Strings
He sounds possessive.
maybe if he were the one posting that, but I'm just pointing out, in response to HHH, that it has nothing to do with me asking what I should get for me.

technically all the cars are his bc he bought them, not me, but he lets me drive the better one. the house is (well, the bank's still, but for the purpose of this conversation) mine but we share it and call it ours, and neither of us ever pull the WELL TECHNICALLY IT IS MINE card at each other, it only gets brought up when it is relevant (as in my response here, or for the house, when discussing bills/credit/long term planning stuff)

that's a lot of effort to respond to some straight up shitposting, but whatever

What kind of mileage does that beast pull down?

My Poncho gets almost to 8MPG.
honestly, no idea but I'm sure it's Not Great™
we can't drive it anywhere until we get the brakes dealt with. but also we can't start it. the alternator is new, but I have a feeling that bc of the really, really shitty "splices" it's probably just leaking electrons or whatever :lol: we've tried charging it to no avail yet.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
we can't drive it anywhere until we get the brakes dealt with. but also we can't start it. the alternator is new, but I have a feeling that bc of the really, really shitty "splices" it's probably just leaking electrons or whatever :lol: we've tried charging it to no avail yet.
Also very possible that the battery has been drained enough times because of aforementioned electron leaks that it can't hold a charge. Check your negative cable and make sure it has a good connection to the frame as well. Does it do anything if you try to jump start it?

Got anyone nearby that knows car shit?

They take a pretty standard 10 or 12SI case alternator.

They have 4 wires: battery +, ground, and then a little plug on the top with terminals labeled "1" and "2". 1 should run straight to the charge light on the dash, and 2 should run to an ignition switched source (I used the positive that runs to the distributor).

Last edited:
They take a pretty standard 10 or 12SI case alternator.

They have 4 wires - battery +, ground, and then a little plug on the top with terminals labeled "1" and "2". 1 should run straight to the charge light on the dash, and 2 should run to an ignition switched source (I used the positive that runs to the distributor).

Don't trust this guy. It looks like he might actually know stuff. Who does he think he is?!