Halp I guess fly is on something

The boss had hinted to it long long ago, but at that time the biggest thing that scared me away were the hours. I'd be going from hourly to salary and am not sure if its worth the extra money. I didn't ask for numbers but i'd imagine it'd be like 11-13% increase. I'm also not too fond of being under greater scrutiny by the higher ups in regards to expectations. Also had the fear that what if there wasn't a chance for demotion...

i know, right?
Hmm... so you're probably making more money now with how much OT you've been doing comparing annual to annual?

Hmm... so you're probably making more money now with how much OT you've been doing comparing annual to annual?

i don't think so. they really don't offer overtime that much. I haven't been keeping track but its definitely been much less than 100 hours this year. its just when they do its in big chunks.

Strive for mediocrity...
Or I can keep doing what I do right now, and work for a small company in a significant role where I'm appreciated and rewarded for what I do. I love the work I do, and it makes a positive dent in the world. Heaven forbid I take pride in that shit.

Now if I worked in a call center or something equally mundane/useless, I'd be saying something different.

Or I can keep doing what I do right now, and work for a small company in a significant role where I'm appreciated and rewarded for what I do. I love the work I do, and it makes a positive dent in the world. Heaven forbid I take pride in that shit.

Now if I worked in a call center or something equally mundane/useless, I'd be saying something different.

This is where I'm at. People are all "this has been awful forever!!!!!" and I usually have to stop myself from just responding "so, cancel then".

Yeah, if you hate your job, find something different / try something new otherwise you'll just remain miserable.

Im just astounded that anyone considers wes responsible.

although oddly... it seems he is.

I mean he supports himself, he's gainfully employed and being offered a promotion, he's making at LEAST $200 dollars a day. Something that cant be said for other siblings. AHEM

Wes, if its financially worth it (run the math, use this as an argument for additional pay if its not), take it.

It may suck, but you'll be able to do it, whatever this is its not completely out of the realm of your skillset, and you are capable.

If its sucks too badly, ask yourself if its worse than what you were doing, and at that point, make a plan to be doing what it is you actually WANT to do, that wont suck. But neither your current job, nor this new job fit that bill right? They are equal, but different, amounts of suck?

do the math for the difference. Calculate that in real $$. when I was in my 20's I went from sales to management for 12% more % and it was a huge mistake. I went from being responsible for me to babysitting & I'm a people person too, but never thought about 'managing' the sales personalitites of successful high pressure sales reps. It was a mess. Now, I have a manager that can do it, but there's no way he could sell. 10x better manager of sales reps than I could be. I'm just glad he reports to me and that I don't have to do it.

sales people are fuckin prima donnas, and theyre treated as such, because they bring in the money to the company.

Most of them have terribly bossy personalities.