Thread I AM CAPTAIN PEEPANTS!!!!

gee

Finally a new goddamn title
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
Marklar
₥35,633
A few friends of mine were in town over the weekend, and we decided to check out some of the downtown shops. We walked into an eco themed store which sells crafts made from 'upcycled' materials, music CDs recorded using renewable energy and whatnot.

What I saw was a scary sight - a bunch of people playing with a car battery, an alternator, an inverter, a bunch of loose wire. None of them had any clue what they were doing. Rather than waiting for them to short out the battery and hurt themselves, I decided to help them out - I headed home, got some battery post lugs/scrap wire/crimp terminals/heatshrink, headed back and wired up everything. I drew up a couple pages of instructions for it. Now I'm a hero, it seems - they're tweeting about me.

Behold, the "greenerator" (not my name):

mNaDxsV.jpg

They're doing a 24 hour riding marathon on earth day - there's a chandelier above the bike with a CFL bulb in it, and their mission is to keep it lit for 24 hours. Here's hoping everything holds up.

Now, I didn't bother to tell them that I probably burnt more energy in my car helping them out than they'll generate in those 24 hours - and that keeping a CFL lit doesn't do anything to help the planet. The whole thing makes me wonder if somewhere else in the galaxy there's a planet with an underpopulation problem, and they're trying to solve it by masturbating.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
A few friends of mine were in town over the weekend, and we decided to check out some of the downtown shops. We walked into an eco themed store which sells crafts made from 'upcycled' materials, music CDs recorded using renewable energy and whatnot.

What I saw was a scary sight - a bunch of people playing with a car battery, an alternator, an inverter, a bunch of loose wire. None of them had any clue what they were doing. Rather than waiting for them to short out the battery and hurt themselves, I decided to help them out - I headed home, got some battery post lugs/scrap wire/crimp terminals/heatshrink, headed back and wired up everything. I drew up a couple pages of instructions for it. Now I'm a hero, it seems - they're tweeting about me.

mNaDxsV.jpg

They're doing a 24 hour riding marathon on earth day - there's a chandelier above the bike with a CFL bulb in it, and their mission is to keep it lit for 24 hours. Here's hoping everything holds up.

Now, I didn't bother to tell them that I probably burnt more energy in my car helping them out than they'll generate in those 24 hours - and that keeping a CFL lit doesn't do anything to help the planet. The whole thing makes me wonder if somewhere else in the galaxy there's a planet with an underpopulation problem, and they're trying to solve it by masturbating.

lmaooo. Helping dumb people.

Next time Let them shower themselves in battery acid.

But then they'll go on the dole if they aren't already and act even more entitled

Damnit, gee. I have the theme song stuck in my head now.

I bet they will say that they are doing it for awareness
I sketched up a proper design which uses a grid tie inverter, does proper control of the alternator field coil (with an 'effort' dial mounted on the handlebars or something), measures how much power is delivered to a grid, and keeps a running tally of generated power on an E-ink display or something.

But the whole experience has left me far too cynical to put in the effort.

mNaDxsV.jpg

Take out the bulb and I think you just invented perpetual motion. :p

Post pics of frolicking dykes!
Tub was lesbian free this time - just me, the missus and our gay friend.

In other news, we met neighborhood lesbian couple #3 on the weekend at a birthday party for one of the next door lesbians. Sure enough, they want to bring food and hang out in it.

There's a lesbian couple a couple houses down that's been here since we moved here, along with a gay ex-marine up the street. Then our friend came out, and he's here half the time. Then the lesbians moved in next door. Then another couple about 5 houses up that we met a few nights ago. Lastly a lady moved in across the street who lives by herself, and the other lesbians have their suspicions.

It's just an artsy, liberal seaside town I live in, and I figure that's what attracts gays/lesbians.

There's a lesbian couple a couple houses down that's been here since we moved here, along with a gay ex-marine up the street. Then our friend came out, and he's here half the time. Then the lesbians moved in next door. Then another couple about 5 houses up that we met a few nights ago. Lastly a lady moved in across the street who lives by herself, and the other lesbians have their suspicions.

It's just an artsy, liberal seaside town I live in, and I figure that's what attracts gays/lesbians.

Internet web cam and free pass to your female friends for the hot tub. :hi2u: