Thread How much PTO do you get at work?

Twice this month.. planning Asheville, alaska, canada soon.
Come to Halifax. I'll throw together an itinerary of shit to check out, and join y'all for a beer. You haven't lived until you've experienced eating a donair while drunk.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Come to Halifax. I'll throw together an itinerary of shit to check out, and join y'all for a beer. You haven't lived until you've experienced eating a donair while drunk.
I don't know what side of that French colony you're on, but I bet it's beautiful.

Power TakeOff?

Last I checked, you don't work, you don't get paid.

you just pointed out one of the biggest problems in america

lack of paid time off contributes heavily to health problems across the country making everyone's care more expensive. plus it's one of the reasons a whole fuckton of people didn't vote on tuesday

you just pointed out one of the biggest problems in america

lack of paid time off contributes heavily to health problems across the country making everyone's care more expensive. plus it's one of the reasons a whole fuckton of people didn't vote on tuesday

You're doing the math backwards.

Your employer isn't looking at your income, they're looking at their expenses, meaning what you're costing them.

Paid time off, paid vacation, sick days, not to mention matching social security or health insurance contributions, etc. are all costs they have to cover. That's what it costs to employ you. If you're seeing 20 in your paycheck, it might be costing them 28-30 to cover the shit you never see.

They're obviously not going to pay you more than they can get out of you or they'd go out of business, so you already paid for your "paid days off" by working for a little less the rest of the year.

#jewsknowhowmoneyworkswedont

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes

Your employer isn't looking at your income, they're looking at their expenses, meaning what you're costing them.

Paid time off, paid vacation, sick days, not to mention matching social security or health insurance contributions, etc. are all costs they have to cover. That's what it costs to employ you. If you're seeing 20 in your paycheck, it might be costing them 28-30 to cover the shit you never see.

They're obviously not going to pay you more than they can get out of you or they'd go out of business, so you already paid for your "paid days off" by working for a little less the rest of the year.

28-30 on top?

I used to do HR, payroll is the Largest expense.

They were looking at costs back in the day before overtime pay was legally required. Before the minimum wage laws came into play. Before it was illegal to hire a child to work in a factory. There's plenty of precedent for requiring businesses to provide paid time off.

Of course those are costs they have to cover and it's a complete crock of shit to think that companies which bring in billions a year in profit are going to go out of business because of this. Especially when so much of that profit is being subsidized by the government when their full time employees are paid so little that they qualify for government assistance.

Lack of paid time off means more people go to work sick and get others sick. This raises our health care costs and reduces productivity because they want to save a few bucks.

idk, I earn it at I go and I don't even actually know at what rate
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but I feel like it's a bunch.

They were looking at costs back in the day before overtime pay was legally required. Before the minimum wage laws came into play. Before it was illegal to hire a child to work in a factory. There's plenty of precedent for requiring businesses to provide paid time off.

Of course those are costs they have to cover and it's a complete crock of shit to think that companies which bring in billions a year in profit are going to go out of business because of this. Especially when so much of that profit is being subsidized by the government when their full time employees are paid so little that they qualify for government assistance.

Lack of paid time off means more people go to work sick and get others sick. This raises our health care costs and reduces productivity because they want to save a few bucks.

Right. Because everybody works for multi-billion-dollar corporations.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes