Thread How Do YOU Feel About Anonymous?

Right, that's the CONCEPT, which goes against history of the human race. No group of any noticeable size can function without a leadership group. We aren't wired that way. That's why "anarchy" is such a massive crock of nonsense.

Sociology and logic.

So because history says you need a leader, then Anon must have a leader? You seem very easily convinced. Probably explains your religiousness.

You seem to dismiss this group simply because you dislike them.

So because history says you need a leader, then Anon must have a leader? You seem very easily convinced. Probably explains your religiousness.

lol, are you serious? Obviously you've run out of arguments if you've thrown your (incorrect) understanding of my religious beliefs randomly into the conversation.

You seem to dismiss this group simply because you dislike them.

I have no opinion of them one way or the other. The only thing they've done so far that has impacted my life in the slightest is taking down PSN, which GG I guess, you guys are totally patriots and activists!

Last edited:
lol, are you serious? Obviously you've run out of arguments if you've thrown your (incorrect) understanding of my religious beliefs randomly into the conversation.

Just because I throw an arugment out that does have some merit, but ultimately rubs you the wrong way, I have then run out of arguments? Sorry but you have yet to display any logic in this entire thread.

I have no opinion of them one way or the other. The only thing they've done so far that has impacted my life in the slightest is taking down PSN, which GG I guess, you guys are totally patriots and activists!

You have expressed an opinion of them multiple times on this forum, all being negative. Now you say you have no opinion of them. Now it seems someone is just simply bullshitting to find a positive way out of this argument.

Just because I throw an arugment out that does have some merit, but ultimately rubs you the wrong way, I have then run out of arguments? Sorry but you have yet to display any logic in this entire thread.

I'm curious what connection you think religious beliefs, particularly mine, which you know nothing about, have with what we were talking about.

You have expressed an opinion of them multiple times on this forum, all being negative. Now you say you have no opinion of them. Now it seems someone is just simply bullshitting to find a positive way out of this argument.

My opinion of them has always been "unimpressed", and that isn't likely to change.

Why would I need a way out of this argument?

Yeah, I doubt they know each other at all. In fact, I'm shocked that they can even converge on anything, at all.

for reals. even there "press releases" baffle me. how the hell does one organize such a thing and verify it is a legitimate statement

... a bunch of moderately skilled hackers who watched "V for Vendetta" one too many times, never grew outgrew the angsty teenage "fight the power" phase, and now think they're cool because they're sticking it to The Man and feel like they can't get caught.

fin

Me either, I asked Frost and his response "I'll explain it later."

Which means, I'll never find out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is an Internet meme that originated in 2003 on the imageboard 4chan, representing the concept of many online community users simultaneously existing as an anarchic, digitized global brain.[2] It is also generally considered to be a blanket term for members of certain Internet subcultures, a way to refer to the actions of people in an environment where their actual identities are not known.[3]

... a bunch of moderately skilled hackers who watched "V for Vendetta" one too many times, never grew outgrew the angsty teenage "fight the power" phase, and now think they're cool because they're sticking it to The Man and feel like they can't get caught.

fin

Yeah, but you're missing what is nice about them... they fight for what is right (in their minds and what seems to be the majority of people) ex: wikileaks

I dunno about this group. If they've done the things they've said they've done then so far all they've been to me in an inconvenience. I appreciate the idea that they have these ideals about taking down the government and making them responsible for crap, but do they have to go about it in such a way that regular people get hurt and annoyed? Denial of service attacks cost companies thousands and sometimes millions of dollars but they cause people the inability to do things they need or just simply want to do (like play my fucking playstation games if they are indeed responsible for that attack). In addition, because of this group and other evil people out there I've gotten a new visa card more times than I can count in the past couple years which is damned annoying. I mean, for a group that claims not to be financially motivated their attacks have been on VISA, MASTERCARD, AMAZON, and SONY. The first three seem like pretty good places to go for financial information to me. Sony's just dumb enough not to have good security on their shit. Thank god Amazon has their files locked up tight (although a couple months ago, right when I signed up for Amazon prime, my info. got stolen and used, that was real fun). Anyway, I suspect there are so called members of this so called group that do not hold these ideals in high regard and are just doing it for the lols and have no problem stealing shit from anyone. It's unfortunate that this organization needs organization to be legitimate and trustworthy since organizing this organization is what will ultimately cause it's downfall or make it no better than the people they are fighting against.

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt they were responsible for the big PSN breakin. Is there any info to prove otherwise?

No, how can there be. There's no membership card for belonging to Anonymous so anyone who says they belong actually do belong. So anyone claiming to do anything in their name is really doing it in their name which is the problem with an organization with no organization. Regardless, I doubt they will ever catch the people actually responsible for PSN and then be able to determine their affiliation. Anonymous may as well be the same thing as Imaginary.

Most of Anonymous are script kiddies that typically just flood websites with some of the most generic attacks until they crash. There are some very skilled people in the group but it is the exception not the norm.

Knocking Gene Simmons website offline for a day or two doesn't really make the world a better place. Well....maybe for a few hours.