Advice Hot New Tech? Tell us about something up and coming.

wetwillie

Know-It-All Pee-Paw
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
₥53,753
I'm hot on the topic of graphene. Graphene enhanced batteries, graphene-enhanced paints. I think graphene is gonna be HOTTTTT!!!!!
And yes, I've got some graphene stock.

Stock tip. Applied Graphene Materials PLC APGMF:eek:TCQB Up 40.6% since August 4th. Oh yeah, might have something with 2 big deals announced August 3, where their shit will now be distributed throughout N&S America and Asia.

• Love
Reactions: pacojas
"will graphene overtake lithium" - no it won't, because you can't replace lithium with carbon in a battery. A lithium iron battery typically has a lithium cathode and a carbon (usually graphite) anode.

Replacing graphite with graphene in a typical lithium ion battery would allow better lithium ion absorption (so a smaller anode size) and lower cathode resistance (so a little less loss, though most electrical loss is at the cathode). So it'll allow lithium batteries to get slightly more dense.

Personally I'd get off that train while the stock is still high on hype.

I bet Eddie's spaceship runs on graphene batteries and he can't make enough on his own to get back to his home planet. So he's trying to drum up interest in them so they'll end up mass produced and sold at Lowe's.

"will graphene overtake lithium" - no it won't, because you can't replace lithium with carbon in a battery. A lithium iron battery typically has a lithium cathode and a carbon (usually graphite) anode.

Replacing graphite with graphene in a typical lithium ion battery would allow better lithium ion absorption (so a smaller anode size) and lower cathode resistance (so a little less loss, though most electrical loss is at the cathode). So it'll allow lithium batteries to get slightly more dense.

Personally I'd get off that train while the stock is still high on hype.
Have you looked at the recharge and cycle life stats on the graphene batteries? They are already being sold, and they kick ass.
Batteries aren't the only game for that company - they are primarily just making the graphene, focusing on being a provider of high quality vs. quantity.
Graphene coated microscopic mirrors are now being used in electro-op semiconductor packages.
You guys told me to get off Xylinix - I did, right after grabbing 24% in 6 months.

Aren't graphene batteries more fragile or some shit, which is why we aren't using them?
Manufacturing cost.

As it gets more widespread and commoditized and all the $$$ spent on R&D gets amortized off, then that'll change, and we'll have newer/better batteries with graphene vs graphite anodes.

Manufacturing cost.

As it gets more widespread and commoditized and all the $$$ spent on R&D gets amortized off, then that'll change, and we'll have newer/better batteries with graphene vs graphite anodes.
A quick Google says that brittle is the word I meant to use.

A quick Google says that brittle is the word I meant to use.
In other configurations, graphene can be bent to an incredible degree which would allow for flexible batteries - and phones.
Incredibly strong filters and a butt load of other uses. Greatly increase the strength of carbon fiber in that wonderful way that bi-materials are often much stronger than the mere sum of their parts. "Solar cells made with graphene could offer 60% conversion efficiency." - sorry @Valve1138 :(

Either way, I don't gamble on individual stocks. If I'm going to piss away money, it will be used beer. :p
A quick Google says that bitter is the word I need to use. :lol:

I have between 25-30 individual stocks at any time in my self-directed IRA. I've done several times better than the low-risk funds that make up my other account. The guaranteed account takes the same amount from my bank account each month. Then I periodically drain that account when I'm in the mood to spend several hour or days researching stock buys for the other. I keep continuous running Watch lists in different areas. It's what aliens do.

Hey - who knew that Overstock.com is not really a retailer of well, overstocked shit? It's like 5% of their worth. Their tech arm is working on big things in block-chain. And block-chain is gonna get HUGE. [Stepping gingerly past the crypto-currency bin, but glancing - might still be. . .]

i'm heavy into trading cryptocurrency. not so much BTC,... more into peripherals like decentralized finance applications. blockchain accessories that connect to real world applications.
i.e. Chainlink, Band Protocols, etc

ps: wayyy more volatile and exciting than stocks

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
i'm heavy into trading cryptocurrency. not so much BTC,... more into peripherals like decentralized finance applications. blockchain accessories that connect to real world applications.
i.e. Chainlink, Band Protocols, etc

ps: wayyy more volatile and exciting than stocks
Hey, get totally crazy and roll the dice at some drug stocks. :lol: I was watching this company - suddenly their request to go on to a phase III clinical trial got pushed back 2 years. UUHH!! *The sound of investors getting their shit pushed in 50% in a few hours, with no vaseline. STOP-LIMIT is your friend.

• Gravy
Hey, get totally crazy and roll the dice at some drug stocks. :lol: I was watching this company - suddenly their request to go on to a phase III clinical trial got pushed back 2 years. UUHH!! *The sound of investors getting their shit pushed in 50% in a few hours, with no vaseline. STOP-LIMIT is your friend.

yeah,.. i got reamed good trading pharma, lol

A quick Google says that bitter is the word I need to use. :lol:

I have between 25-30 individual stocks at any time in my self-directed IRA. I've done several times better than the low-risk funds that make up my other account. The guaranteed account takes the same amount from my bank account each month. Then I periodically drain that account when I'm in the mood to spend several hour or days researching stock buys for the other. I keep continuous running Watch lists in different areas. It's what aliens do.

Hey - who knew that Overstock.com is not really a retailer of well, overstocked shit? It's like 5% of their worth. Their tech arm is working on big things in block-chain. And block-chain is gonna get HUGE. [Stepping gingerly past the crypto-currency bin, but glancing - might still be. . .]
I forget the exact number, but I think about 8 randomly picked stocks will statically return about the same as the index they're in. So your 25-30 stocks, assuming they're all over the place, should be pretty close to FZROX, except unlike your stock trades it has a 0% expense ratio.

That said, I buy $10 a week of LTC and BTC just for fun. I know it's gambling and I'm sure you do too.

• Gravy
Coworker got fucked on weed stock
I'm almost out of weed - and not in that Ron White "if I got half a gram of weed I'm out of weed" way. GW Pharma, Agriflora Organics and Canopy Growth Corp. are all I'm holding in weed. There is a German company that is churning out CBD from genetically modified yeast - want to get in on that, will re-research when I feel more flush.
I forget the exact number, but I think about 8 randomly picked stocks will statically return about the same as the index they're in. So your 25-30 stocks, assuming they're all over the place, should be pretty close to FZROX, except unlike your stock trades it has a 0% expense ratio.

That said, I buy $10 a week of LTC and BTC just for fun. I know it's gambling and I'm sure you do too.
Totally disagree - I don't gamble. I don't pick random anything. I don't pay for trades.
Stop-Limit is my friend - #1 stock sin of most men is hanging on too f'n long, thinking "it will come back again". I don't let anything get beyond 10% down unless it is something I acquired in the 2 months prior. And even then. Best money I ever lost was the dogs I sold to buy the stock in Applied Graphene. Granted, there was a fee on that since it is on UK stock exchange AND OTC. Totall in the black in a few days.

I never buy less than $500 of anything. Usually $1000+
One year change ^ 392%

• Gravy
I'm almost out of weed - and not in that Ron White "if I got half a gram of weed I'm out of weed" way. GW Pharma, Agriflora Organics and Canopy Growth Corp. are all I'm holding in weed. There is a German company that is churning out CBD from genetically modified yeast - want to get in on that, will re-research when I feel more flush.
Totally disagree - I don't gamble. I don't pick random anything. I don't pay for trades.
Stop-Limit is my friend - #1 stock sin of most men is hanging on too f'n long, thinking "it will come back again". I don't let anything get beyond 10% down unless it is something I acquired in the 2 months prior. And even then. Best money I ever lost was the dogs I sold to buy the stock in Applied Graphene. Granted, there was a fee on that since it is on UK stock exchange AND OTC. Totall in the black in a few days.

I never buy less than $500 of anything. Usually $1000+
One year change ^ 392%
Just like everyone else, you are not smarter than the market. It's gambling, you just don't know it.

edit: And the fact that you post 1 year returns suggests you don't. Sorry dude.