Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

That site is amazing. I've yet to have a coupon fail, or any Lowes employee question it (as they will need to scan it, at least on my phone).
they almost universally refuse em around here. I do all my orders online and pick up so i can use the coupons.

FWIW, most/all the greyhound rescues were against that amendment, as those dogs WANT to run and really aren't mistreated at all.
It is an industry that breeds animals for profit, so that people can bet on the fastest. Of course the animals like to run, they have been bred for it. It doesn't make it right, or okay. I know that some of the rescues want the racing to continue, which to me makes zero sense. Cut off the demand ($$$$ from gambling on racing), and they will stop overbreeding. The amount of pups bred has shrunk dramatically as the sport becomes less popular.

There are hundreds of breeding facilities for greyhounds in the US still, something like 10,000 greyhound pups born yearly in the US. Greyhounds are bred overseas as well. The ones that aren't fast, or are old can be sold to China and other countries that have no animal welfare laws at all.

"As dog tracks close, the number of greyhounds bred for racing continues to shrink. In the last full year of aggregate data published by the National Greyhound Association, a total of 10,422 individual dogs were registered to race in 2015 as compared to 26,797 in 2001, a decline of 61%. The number of greyhounds adopted into loving homes each year is unknown. In 2011, the National Greyhound Association acknowledged that there are "no cumulative annual records" to track greyhounds once they stop racing." https://www.grey2kusa.org/about/breeding.php

It is an industry that breeds animals for profit, so that people can bet on the fastest. Of course the animals like to run, they have been bred for it. It doesn't make it right, or okay. I know that some of the rescues want the racing to continue, which to me makes zero sense. Cut off the demand ($$$$ from gambling on racing), and they will stop overbreeding. The amount of pups bred has shrunk dramatically as the sport becomes less popular.

There are hundreds of breeding facilities for greyhounds in the US still, something like 10,000 greyhound pups born yearly in the US. Greyhounds are bred overseas as well. The ones that aren't fast, or are old can be sold to China and other countries that have no animal welfare laws at all.

"As dog tracks close, the number of greyhounds bred for racing continues to shrink. In the last full year of aggregate data published by the National Greyhound Association, a total of 10,422 individual dogs were registered to race in 2015 as compared to 26,797 in 2001, a decline of 61%. The number of greyhounds adopted into loving homes each year is unknown. In 2011, the National Greyhound Association acknowledged that there are "no cumulative annual records" to track greyhounds once they stop racing." https://www.grey2kusa.org/about/breeding.php
@Darth Handsome grayhound racing bad, mkay?

I get what @Ledboots is saying, but then I'm torn with what the grayhound rescue groups are saying. I assume they would know best because they love animals.
They love greyhounds and of course want the best of the breed to continue to exist. I don't like breeding of any kind of dog because of the glut that exists. For most people the racing thing is OK, I'm one of those wacko vegans as we know. I don't support horseracing, either.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer