Ontopic Healthcare.gov

ok

then this.

He's WAY more expensive than me. That's why I'm required to have healthcare, to offset the unhealthy people.
But then you have me, who goes for a checkup once a year, has anti-baby medication, and offsets into the other direction because so few expenses are incurred by my health status.

It's like car insurance. You pay to protect yourself, but your state dictates how much you need to pool based on the asshole drivers that surround you. So drive as carefully as possible, and if everyone else does the same costs stay relatively the same.

The Meester was born with a congenital defect in his heart. Nothing he did made him less healthy, and now his heart is stronger than any of ours. His cardiologist does his annual checkup, he has an echo once every five years, and he gets his damn flu shot. He's way healthier than a ton of people out there, as if he has to pay company's and pay out a 3k deductible to make sure his innards don't melt whilst on blood thinners for his valve then whatevs.

But then you have me, who goes for a checkup once a year, has anti-baby medication, and offsets into the other direction because so few expenses are incurred by my health status.

It's like car insurance. You pay to protect yourself, but your state dictates how much you need to pool based on the asshole drivers that surround you. So drive as carefully as possible, and if everyone else does the same costs stay relatively the same.

The Meester was born with a congenital defect in his heart. Nothing he did made him less healthy, and now his heart is stronger than any of ours. His cardiologist does his annual checkup, he has an echo once every five years, and he gets his damn flu shot. He's way healthier than a ton of people out there, as if he has to pay company's and pay out a 3k deductible to make sure his innards don't melt whilst on blood thinners for his valve then whatevs.

did you know that birth control in german is Antibabypille

People don't like to help less than perfect people. I've had people tell me I don't deserve health care and furthermore I shouldn't have reproduced because I'm possibly producing another person that is going to require extra healthcare. I intend to be the first person to pitch in and help those healthy people when they get sick or their loved ones get sick and they need it. I want to be there when they are forced to see the other side of the coin.

And that heart defect makes him less healthy/more expensive than me. I'm quite sure the insurance company still has not recouped the cost of his medial bills with either of your premiums. Which is (one of the reasons) why my healthcare costs increased under Obamacare.

And that heart defect makes him less healthy/more expensive than me. I'm quite sure the insurance company still has not recouped the cost of his medial bills with either of your premiums. Which is (one of the reasons) why my healthcare costs increased under Obamacare.
So we should go socialized?

Doesn't matter. Someone will always have better care and some worse. Like now, someone is suddenly paying more and someone else will say it's finally fair. All we did was shift things and watch a bunch of assholes pat themselves on the back.

More Gov't involvement just means on top of stirring the costs, we increase them due to bureaucratic gov't 'oversight.' And never forget that our gov't gets paid first. The people not getting care that they need because they can't afford it still pay for the 6 figure salaries of the gov't desk jockeys that 'trying to make things better' between their 4 one week vacations, benefit meetings, and pension planning seminars.

When votes are needed, coverage will shift more in one direction or another.