halloween party in atlanta!

OMG! I would love to attend but definately can't.

What are you dressing up as?

hey do you decorate your house for the holidays like Halloween? If yes post pictures. I love Halloween - I have 3/4 of my decorations up now. I just need to find the other boxes of stuff.

we are working on that as we speak. we've found a lot of nifty stuff so far, and i fear i will never be able to stop buying stuff. we LOVE halloween, and i want to start collecting a lot of stuff. i also like to throw parties, so i'm hoping this stuff will be used a lot. :drool:

Thorn Bird said:
we are working on that as we speak. we've found a lot of nifty stuff so far, and i fear i will never be able to stop buying stuff. we LOVE halloween, and i want to start collecting a lot of stuff. i also like to throw parties, so i'm hoping this stuff will be used a lot. :drool:

I have tubs of decor from the years and actually take down pictures from walls and all my normal decor and totally do the house. All my silk plants get some fall silk leaves in them so they appear to be changing with the season.

BUT - my sister is way worse. By mid September she has the entire front yard decorated too ... and even starts halloween decorating the neighbors yard (they love her).

halloween is so much fun - isn't it?

i just adore halloween...i'm so glad it's somewhat expanding to a longer-celebrated holiday! now if only we could get trick-or-treaters back the way it used to be...

sigh.

Thorn Bird said:
now if only we could get trick-or-treaters back the way it used to be...

sigh.

What do you mean? ... are you talking about the door to door thing?

gottoys? said:
What do you mean? ... are you talking about the door to door thing?

yeah...it's been slacking off for years, and it's like that everywhere, from what i've heard. it's just not like it used to be.

Thorn Bird said:
yeah...it's been slacking off for years, and it's like that everywhere, from what i've heard. it's just not like it used to be.

No it will never be like that again.

It's now imbedded in young yuppie parents to take their little ones to the mall or some indoor organized event. Usually you just see the older kids and teens go door to door. My boys outgrew it last year - I almost cried when they wouldn't let me go with them anymore. Then I thought hey I can just stay home and 'give out' candy - there were hardly any kids. Very disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator: