FYI Going to NOLA in about 2 1/2 weeks for a long weekend. What do we NEED to do?

Tipitina's is high on my list to visit in New Orleans. They have Fess Jastival starting there on 25th which is probably too late for you but the weekend before it's Uptown Get Down feat Chicken George and Swampgrease feat Terence Higgins followed by Todd Snider on the Sunday. I'm even April won't want to miss them.

Check out a graveyard tour. Check with the hotel because they might offer a free voucher. totally worth it. Awesome history with a good guide. Also hit up the hand grenade on bourbon street, then recovery donuts and coffee at Café Du Monde in the morning. Walk around the French Quarter yourself, it's spectacular and you can always find a good hole in the wall restaurant to tuck into. ALL of the food around the French Quarter is delicious so you shouldn't be disappointed. For a brewery tour, I would suggest making the "long" trip to Abita Springs for their tour. All you can drink (within reason), you can bring a lunch and make an afternoon of it, and Abita Springs is a pretty town and you get to go over the longest bridge in the US to get there! I am not partial to the tourist stuff in that city because the rest of the city is it's own tour. The art park is fascinating to walk through as well, to see all of the works people do just on the street is amazing. The architecture is fascinating with tremendous history. Just be sure you stay away from the north east side of Bourbon street, that's where all of the gays are and they like to throw fun parties. You don't want any of that.

Check out a graveyard tour. Check with the hotel because they might offer a free voucher. totally worth it. Awesome history with a good guide. Also hit up the hand grenade on bourbon street, then recovery donuts and coffee at Café Du Monde in the morning. Walk around the French Quarter yourself, it's spectacular and you can always find a good hole in the wall restaurant to tuck into. ALL of the food around the French Quarter is delicious so you shouldn't be disappointed. For a brewery tour, I would suggest making the "long" trip to Abita Springs for their tour. All you can drink (within reason), you can bring a lunch and make an afternoon of it, and Abita Springs is a pretty town and you get to go over the longest bridge in the US to get there! I am not partial to the tourist stuff in that city because the rest of the city is it's own tour. The art park is fascinating to walk through as well, to see all of the works people do just on the street is amazing. The architecture is fascinating with tremendous history. Just be sure you stay away from the north east side of Bourbon street, that's where all of the gays are and they like to throw fun parties. You don't want any of that.
Well fuck, thats where I want to go then!

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I think someone already said Cafe Du Monde. Sooo worth it, especially after a hard night of drinking. Go to Galatoire's (http://www.galatoires.com/home) and order the filet with bearnaise sauce. Best beef I have ever eaten. The shrimp remoulade appetizer is nothing short of perfection also. I know there's been a lot of talk about music here. Even if you don't think you will like it, see if the Preservation Hall Jazz Band is in town. Going to Preservation Hall and chilling while this AMAZING band plays with soooo much energy is awesome. The drummer is miraculously good. Someone else mentioned the graveyard tour. That's super fun. There's bunches of haunted NO tours that are cheesy but good for the history of the city and good tours.

Voodoo!!

oGn7UF9.jpg