Getting my new deck and screened in porch built

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,468
My old deck had to go, it was tiny and falling apart. So I decided to go big and build a much bigger deck that wraps around the back of my house and build a nice big screened in porch.

Pics:

There used to be a window here that was twice as tall. The new roof for the screened porch cut right through it so the new one was needed. The old one sucked ass anyways so it's all good.
147459c1cf0e7cae.jpg

Pic from the front yard up the brandy new steps I never had before. You always had to go through the living room to go out onto the old deck.
147459c1cf0ea3bb.jpg

Around the corner and to the right here's the big addition to the deck. It's framed up to support a big ass hot tub by adding a bunch more sonotubes and a big beam in the center.
147459c1cf0eceb0.jpg

Here's the new door. It goes right into the dining area.
147459c1cf0ef1d5.jpg

Door from the inside. Worked out perfectly. There used to be 2 windows there so it was easy to cut them out for the door.
147459c1cf0f14fd.jpg

Electrician came today. They'll be a ceiling fan in the middle.
147459c1cf0f3820.jpg

Better view of the porch. Roof is all done at this point. The white pipe on the right is the radon system. It will have a closet built around it to hide it.
147459c1cf101ced.jpg

This deck and porch is 1000 square feet. Once summer rolls around this will be a great place for parties so I can stop having things in the fucking driveway because the old deck was too small and unsafe.

Contractor all the way. I'd have no clue how to do all this.

Some of you fgts on here are pretty handy, I wondered if you were one of them. I'm with you though, I wouldn't dare take on a project that big. I'd just have to hire someone to come out and fix what I messed up.

Some of you fgts on here are pretty handy, I wondered if you were one of them. I'm with you though, I wouldn't dare take on a project that big. I'd just have to hire someone to come out and fix what I messed up.

I'm pretty handy, but this project was way to big for me to tackle. I'd rather have someone come and do the job right, rather than me learning what the hell I'm doing with an Inspector over my shoulder.

I'm very jealous! We keep saying we are going to build an enclosed porch but it never seems to happen.

Very nice.

I was going to make a construction thread tonight but now I cant you bish :p Just got done gutting an entire apartment.

Door from the inside. Worked out perfectly. There used to be 2 windows there so it was easy to cut them out for the door.
147459c1cf0f14fd.jpg
Please, please, please do me a favor. Your fucking house is always bad ass. Don't you have granite in your kitchen too? :drool: Anyway, please buy a new light to go over that table, your house deserves it. thx
I'm very jealous! We keep saying we are going to build an enclosed porch but it never seems to happen.
Ya, "we" should get on that. :fly: