Getting a home on the MLS without a Realtor

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
I have yet to research the Internets, so my search begins here. If you were to sell a house 'by owner' and you wanted to get some traffic, clearly you would have to use the MLS. In this particular case a Realtor is NOT an option - for legality purposes if a buyer is found a Real Estate Attorney will be utilized. I am getting ahead of myself because at this stage in the game I just want to know how to get it on the MLS; maybe for a flat fee or something?

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

PS: I find it hilarious that the spell check recognizes "Internets" but not MLS. :fly:

there are flat rate listing services out there. when i was last looking to list property (in texas) it seemed like the going rate was about $300.

not a very good time to sell...I would put it off a while so you don't completely lose your equity...if that's possible

there are flat rate listing services out there. when i was last looking to list property (in texas) it seemed like the going rate was about $300.

This is what I did when I sold my last house, and I got 98% of my asking price, with it being on the market for only 10 days. And yes, the rate was $300, and they included a sign, 2 open house signs to place at the end of the road, and a listing on their website with pics and whatnot.

I dont know a lot, and Id have to look this up again, but you cant get MLS listings without a realtor. It is legislated in most states, the realtors lobby thing owns MLS, and since you arent paying into their commission scheme they -wont- list your property or show it.

There are flat fee listing services for MLS but it wont list your house on the local MLS, so no realtors are going to bring their clients to see it.

It's a I pat your back you pat mine type thing with the realtors. They will shut you out. Newspaper ad ftw.

I dont know a lot, and Id have to look this up again, but you cant get MLS listings without a realtor. It is legislated in most states, the realtors lobby thing owns MLS, and since you arent paying into their commission scheme they -wont- list your property or show it.

There are flat fee listing services for MLS but it wont list your house on the local MLS, so no realtors are going to bring their clients to see it.

It's a I pat your back you pat mine type thing with the realtors. They will shut you out. Newspaper ad ftw.
it's true that you have to be a realtor to list things, but there are some realtors who will do it for a flat fee, without requiring that they become the sellers agent.

the association of realtors doesn't like those people very much, but they exist.

I patted a realtor's back once, and then BAM! paternity case. fkrs.

I'm almost positive you need a realtor to get into the MLS... and without it, you're pretty much screwed. Something like 10-15% of all homes for sale by owner get sold within the first year.

Either rent it for whatever the mortgage payment + property taxes are, or get an agent. You'll lose 3% to the buying agent, and 3% to the selling agent... or something like that. Probably some other fee's tacked in there too, but if you're lucky, the buyer will end up paying all that.

Either rent it for whatever the mortgage payment + property taxes are, or get an agent. You'll lose 3% to the buying agent, and 3% to the selling agent... or something like that. Probably some other fee's tacked in there too, but if you're lucky, the buyer will end up paying all that.

That's all negotiable, but I suppose will effect how quickly your house moves. :hs: