Ontopic Games Thread of love

i dont understand this paid mods/no mods bullshit. Its always been bethesda games greatest strength, and what keeps people playing their games for years, or even decades after teh fact.

Bean counters, man. Microtransactions and lootboxes are the new normal and they are easily bringing in the same amount of money that the game sales are. Any CFO that didn't try for some of that pie is gonna be out on their ass sooner or later.

I wonder if FO76 is going to be the New Vegas for FO4, like a whole new location, but basically the existing engine just with new worldbuilding, and, you know, no Obsidian.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
A lot of what I've been reading jives with that. I'm predicting that you'll be able to enter a sort of build-mode anywhere, not just settlements and be able to break down scavenged materials and do some minor repairs and weapon improvisation.

So Joe says it's a shame they're cracking down on mods; it's the only way to play Bethesda games because they're so broke otherwise. Video gamer shade.

Also I have no interest in this game. I didn't get on with FO4 at all.
True dat

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

For those who dug the rather well done Pillars of Eternity

PoE 2 is out.

You play a pirate

The Good
  • More balanced real-time combat than Pillars of Eternity
  • Fascinating depth and detail to the world
  • Reputation and dice rolls add unexpected drama
  • Incredible amount of well-constructed side content
  • Full voice acting (usually) adds charm
The Bad
  • Ship-to-ship combat is a letdown
  • Less-macabre main plot isn’t quite as memorable
The Ugly
  • There’s a lot of back story to take in if you didn’t play the first game

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...-deadfire-review-oh-the-places-youll-plunder/

FO76 gameplay footage.

W Va mothman? Fighting Bagger 288? 4 times as large as FO4? (Last one isn't in this vid, something Todd Howard said elsewhere)
Lookin real good.

Edit: better video with everything Howard says

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Strings
The trailer shows Greenbrier, the New Gorge Bridge, and WVU.

For reference... that's half the fucking state. Literally half the god damned state.

6d62457dcd.jpg