Ontopic Game Talk - Don't Starve

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,368
This game is ridiculously addicting and hard core. Who else is playing it?

I had to restart my world a few times but I just got a map that has everything I need. Just now on day 15 and survived 2 hellhound attacks.

I think they nerfed some shit though because food gathering is becoming a pain in the ass. For instance, traps over rabbit holes are supposed to be auto food. But they aren't. I can travel to get a supply of morsels, but then I run out of daylight. It's maddening.

I havent played it in a while, need to try it again
you know you can dig up berry bushes and replant them? I had about a dozen of them planted around my basecamp last time.

I meant to check this out when Drool gave away the copies. So the idea is that its stupid hard?

It's actually not stupid hard. But if you die, there is no save game. You start over. Smart and careful playing can avoid death early, but after a bit it becomes a bit of a tamagotchi type thing, harvest this, grow that, mine this, cook that.

It's actually not stupid hard. But if you die, there is no save game. You start over. Smart and careful playing can avoid death early, but after a bit it becomes a bit of a tamagotchi type thing, harvest this, grow that, mine this, cook that.
Sounds like a girly game.

It's fun, the motivation comes from the increasing complexity of what it takes to build and survive.

But Arkham Asylum was on sale for $4.99 on steam yesterday, and Dishonored went for 50% off, so Don't Starve has been shelved.

I let Arkham Asylum DL last night, made this mistake of starting it up this AM just to see what it was like as I finished my coffee, and I almost called in sick.

Steam's holiday sale has fucked me. I've got so many games to go through now.

Arkham Asylum, Dishonored, Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, GTA4, GTA4 Tales from Liberty City, and a couple others...

fuck...