FYI

Lame-o said:
Is there such a thing as kosher cocaine?
Yes, but its in larger granuals than regular cocaine and tends to clump easily.
1203_Kosher_Salt.png

theacoustician said:
<-- Hasn't done coke when it was literally shoved in face

You are one of the few my friend. But you can see my point.

Nothing personal Knyte, I was just trying to put things into perspective as that statement was a huge generalization. Hell, it could have been MY 22 year old sister who "tried her first line" who was killed during a frat party at USF. From what I hear that shit is very common.

You just never know who is doing what and how many times behind closed doors. ;)

Candy said:
You are one of the few my friend. But you can see my point.

Nothing personal Knyte, I was just trying to put things into perspective as that statement was a huge generalization. Hell, it could have been MY 22 year old sister who "tried her first line" who was killed during a frat party at USF. From what I hear that shit is very common.

You just never know who is doing what and how many times behind closed doors. ;)

I stopped taking things on the internet personally when I first saw the URL www.genmay.com.

Being general was my intention; my tolerance for substance abuse is somewhat....intolerant.

KNYTE said:
I stopped taking things on the internet personally when I first saw the URL www.genmay.com.

Being general was my intention; my tolerance for substance abuse is somewhat....intolerant.
With all due respect, that is what people who are ignorant about drugs fail to understand. There is a vast chasm of difference between a recreational drug user and a drug addict.

fly said:
With all due respect, that is what people who are ignorant about drugs fail to understand. There is a vast chasm of difference between a recreational drug user and a drug addict.

I can understand the difference between an addict and recreational, but I think the line between the two is extremely thin. I don't imagine that someone up and decides one day to start turning tricks for a crack fix, the "hook" comes from the recreational side of spectrum. Some people are not as emotionally/neurologically prone to addiction as others, and may be able to stay in that very slim area of "recreational drug use", but if drugs were easy to only use "now and then" we wouldn't have rehab centers and a need for Columbia.

KNYTE said:
I can understand the difference between an addict and recreational, but I think the line between the two is extremely thin. I don't imagine that someone up and decides one day to start turning tricks for a crack fix, the "hook" comes from the recreational side of spectrum. Some people are not as emotionally/neurologically prone to addiction as others, and may be able to stay in that very slim area of "recreational drug use", but if drugs were easy to only use "now and then" we wouldn't have rehab centers and a need for Columbia.
I have been a recreational drug user for years and know many people who are the same. The laws and rehab centers are all for the same reason, a few stupid people ruin shit for every one else.

When looking at pharmacutical drugs (which are the easiest), the rate of addiction is actually very low compared to use. If you could do the same test for illegal narcotics, its likely that you would find a similar ratio...

Well what's your definition of 'recreational user' though?

I consider myself a recreational smoker in that I'll smoke maybe 4 cigars/cigs a year in a social setting.

If you have to smoke pot every night to relax I think you've crossed from recreational user to regular user.

I don't keep it a secret that I drink regularly. Not to get drunk, but I'll have a beer or two nightly. I don't consider it recreational though.

Millions said:
Well what's your definition of 'recreational user' though?

I consider myself a recreational smoker in that I'll smoke maybe 4 cigars/cigs a year in a social setting.

If you have to smoke pot every night to relax I think you've crossed from recreational user to regular user.

I don't keep it a secret that I drink regularly. Not to get drunk, but I'll have a beer or two nightly. I don't consider it recreational though.
I havent:

drank alcohol in 2+ months
done coke in 6+ months
done ecstacy in 2+ months
done GHB in 1+ months
cant think of any others that Ive done recently

KNYTE said:

How many people do you really know that are recreational users? Cuz I've known MANY and they all know where the line is. And I've known many many more recreational type users than addicts. People do know how to be responsible about their lives, and others.

line_of_coke_1.jpg

KNYTE said:
I find that unlikely as my mother and sister are more adamant Mormons than I will ever be

I didn't know you could be any more Mormon than the next Mormon.

KNYTE said:
I can understand the difference between an addict and recreational, but I think the line between the two is extremely thin.

Does the same thin line exist regarding alcohol at the Wing House at Friday Happy Hour?

Last edited: