For you hackers and very nerdy people

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,019
I am totally engrossed with revision3.com/hak5

Not that I know much about computers, but these people are amazing in their knowledge and implementation.

Anyone watch it? Anyone know what they are talking about?

I dont see much advertising revenue in their future, but it's just normal computer blog topics.

How do you not know much about computers, I thought you were network technician or something?

I dont see much advertising revenue in their future, but it's just normal computer blog topics.

How do you not know much about computers, I thought you were network technician or something?

Well their networking expertise is outrageous. The level of detail they know is great and the security of their networks must be outstanding as they know a lot of hacks and exploits.

I know how to physically build a PC and I can kind of test something blackbox and whitebox style and write down my findings, but otherwise I am fairly useless.

It seems like most people get networking or they don't, there is sorta like an ahah moment and it all becomes piss easy to think like it works but before that it's all a muddle of magical technology.

I dont understand how rich media works, ajax and shit, object oriented programming is still a mess in my head. recursive just seems to make more sense.

i've always considered object oriented programming to be the same as functional programming but with things broken up into bits in a well organized way.

networking is surprisenly easy when you really get into the bits and bytes. you'd be amazed at all the messages flying around on your network that you can sit and watch and figure out exactly whats going on.

It seems like most people get networking or they don't, there is sorta like an ahah moment and it all becomes piss easy to think like it works but before that it's all a muddle of magical technology.

I dont understand how rich media works, ajax and shit, object oriented programming is still a mess in my head. recursive just seems to make more sense.

lolz

I used to think OOP was a magical concept until it finally went click in my brain and it all became clear.

Meh, I understand the concept but how it specifically works is... It's all very black box and I grew up with a PC (IBM PC) that had Brief + MASM and lisp.

i started off with visual basic, then did some java (which was shitty), then c++, then finished off with assloads of x86 and avr assembly.

now on the rare occasion that i do anything its with autolisp. meh. i pretty much went backwards i guess.

I hated java also.. done some c++, but do mostly VB now as I develop .net database web front ends.. the new vb.net is good now that it fully supports OOP..

I'm using how2pass for practice exams. I worked on the transport before so this was not hard to grasp, but I want to be %100 ready for the test. I have to get a %85 to pass. Stupid thing is $250. I also have CBT nuggets and the Sybex (sp) guide) CBT was pretty awesome. It went hand and hand w/ my Classes I was taking.

Last edited: