For those of you who are parents on here... (girl thread)

b_sinning said:
I concour. The dr. browns were annoying to clean.

not to mention that the parts aren't interchangebable and they are uncomfortable to hold.

The Ventaire ones have a great gripping place with a bent neck. Plus, all the parts fit each other. No hunting down the right part as the baby cries.

BTW: My wife breast fed for 8 months. you will need bottles.

DW said:
It makes more sense to me to just go with the bottle rather than get overly worked up about it. It's a nice thing to be able to do, but not necessarily a test of mothering ability.

That being said, if I were ever to have another baby (NOOOOO!!!) I would definitely plan on breast-feeding again.

Actually it's a very very good idea to breastfeed a new baby for atleast two weeks, when the milk isn't actually milk yet you're passing on all your antibodies to the baby (ones that they didn't get in the womb) so that means way less chance of getting many diseases and infections.

But I'm sure you know that already.

Nemo said:
Actually it's a very very good idea to breastfeed a new baby for atleast two weeks, when the milk isn't actually milk yet you're passing on all your antibodies to the baby (ones that they didn't get in the womb) so that means way less chance of getting many diseases and infections.

But I'm sure you know that already.

I absolutely agree. That would be the colostrum that comes in even before the baby is born, and it serves to boost the baby's immune system. I'm very much in favor of breast-feeding, and would do it again if the situation ever came up (God forbid, three are enough!).

On the other hand I'm aware that it does not work well for everyone. I've seen women pushed into doing it, and made to feel that they were terrible mothers if it didn't work out. I would encourage any expectant mother to give it a try, and if it doesn't work out the stores will still have the bottles and formula, but I wouldn't push her if she really does not want to do it.

When I was a baby I was allergic to any type of milk or formula. So I had to drink lamb puree. My dad had to make huge holes in the nipples of my bottles just so it would flow through. I basicaly lived in and out of hospitals until I was 2.

They no longer make the bottles I used with Lita. This made me sad. I loved them.

I've been working in the baby room this week at school and I was just asking them about bottles. They said both the Advent and the VentAire leak. VentAire is what my type of bottle had been replaced with so I had been planning on going with those.
They said the regular old no frills bottles work the best. The ones with the disposable bags are good, but personally I never got the hang of those and always ended up making a mess. I really want an angled bottle so I'm going to go with the Evenflo Comfi.

We use Advent with our daughter. We have both the smaller 4oz plastic and the bigger ones with the disposable liners. I love them and they work a charm. Up until my daughter started eating solids I gave her a bottle of pumped milk every night <-- highlight of my day :)

jathon0815 said:
We use Advent with our daughter. We have both the smaller 4oz plastic and the bigger ones with the disposable liners. I love them and they work a charm. Up until my daughter started eating solids I gave her a bottle of pumped milk every night <-- highlight of my day :)

Pumped milk...yeah....is it time to close this thread yet?!?

kristchan said:
They no longer make the bottles I used with Lita. This made me sad. I loved them.

I've been working in the baby room this week at school and I was just asking them about bottles. They said both the Advent and the VentAire leak. VentAire is what my type of bottle had been replaced with so I had been planning on going with those.
They said the regular old no frills bottles work the best. The ones with the disposable bags are good, but personally I never got the hang of those and always ended up making a mess. I really want an angled bottle so I'm going to go with the Evenflo Comfi.

Well crap we just registery for all Avent.

HifiGirly said:
Well crap we just registery for all Avent.
They are one of the better brands out there. They only leak if you don't put them together properly.

HifiGirly said:
Thanks, I was getting a bit worried.
One thing you'll need to learn, especially as you get closer to your due date, is that everyone has an opinion on what should be done or needs to be done. And the best thing you can do is to not listen to the idiots. Trust your family and close friends, and only the doctors and nurses that you have built a relationship with. Whatever you do, do not take to heart anything that the breast feeding nazis say.