Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck! I'm going to the beach friday through monday and the forecast says thunderstorms every single day. hopefully that changes between now and then

Except I'm pretty sure the founders were against both a federal income tax, and estate tax.

Against income tax but not estate tax.

Jefferson was very against it.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/index.asp?document=967

Third paragraph

Remember they were just getting away from the monarch and a system where the ruling classes all had fortunes built on family fortunes. They saw first hand that a system like that ensured the ruling class pretty much always stayed the same.

Against income tax but not estate tax.

Jefferson was very against it.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/index.asp?document=967

Third paragraph

Remember they were just getting away from the monarch and a system where the ruling classes all had fortunes built on family fortunes. They saw first hand that a system like that ensured the ruling class pretty much always stayed the same.
He says property tax, and is talking about lands and land use in that context, I don't think that would extend to the system of estate tax that we have today - where taxes are levied on people's money that has already been taxed.

He says property tax, and is talking about lands and land use in that context, I don't think that would extend to the system of estate tax that we have today - where taxes are levied on people's money that has already been taxed.

I think a zero estate tax is good. I also think that capital gains should be taxed as normal income.

Oreos is the answer I was looking for, oreos.

:drool:

triple-double-oreo-box.jpg

Land was viewed differently in that time. Land was a cheap commodity and actions were done by politicians that lowered land value. When he died he was rich in land but money wise bankrupt.

Land was viewed differently in that time. Land was a cheap commodity and actions were done by politicians that lowered land value. When he died he was rich in land but money wise bankrupt.

The term for that was land poor. It was common until about 1970 in the US. Now there aren't many land poor folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.