Fitness

I've been doing a shitload of pushups and stomach crunches for the past month before I hit the shower in the morning. I've dropped almost 2 notches on my belt already and my arms, chest, lats, and stomach are all coming back around...I walk a ton at work and always use the stairs when possible so my legs and ass were already ok

Last edited:
Candy does Shawn approve of the trainer? Most trainers I've met are cheesy guys trying to nail all their clients. The only safe trainer for girls is

richardsimmons.jpg

holy thread revival...yeah, need to get back at it...I haven't done shit in a year now and have put on 5-10 lbs

It so hard starting back after along time off. You remember how much you use to be able to lift but have to remember you're not back to those levels yet. That is where I'm at now.

It so hard starting back after along time off. You remember how much you use to be able to lift but have to remember you're not back to those levels yet. That is where I'm at now.

tell me about it...I was doing 60 pushups in 60 secs a year ago...I can do about 30 right now

hm

my mma school had some internal rifts and stopped sponsoring amateur fighters, the muay thai coach left and the owner's back problems meant the kali training had to cease. eventually I stopped going of my own accord; it was a good school but I had drama at home that made me not care about being in shape. I stopped working out and without money to go to school full time I couldn't get my AS so I thought the marine corps didn't want me anymore so I stopped weight training, still ran every now and then

fast forward two years, I'm in DEP for june 9th so my recruiter and I run 3+ miles every morning at 730. I've been trying to catch up weight training for a while but I realized that since all I'm going to be doing for three months is pushups, pullups and crunches I should get my body used to those specific exercises. I'm pretty out of shape right now and I've been told not to cut any fat, just focus on building endurance and enough muscle for those exercises. but I'm quite pudgy right now

I want to get back into MMA and/or kung fu so when I'm out I'll start looking for a school wherever I get sent. if I get sent back to chicago for any significant length of time I'll probably go back to Ohana, they're still good peoples

I imagine that once I'm in shape it'll be a lot easier for me to get to the gym and weight train of my own accord. plus, I love running

also, never rub one out before working out in the morning

Last edited:
It's very smart to focus on on your running and that type of endurance based fitness rather than worry about building size through weight training right now.

It's very smart to focus on on your running and that type of endurance based fitness rather than worry about building size through weight training right now.
yeah, they actually told me not worry about being fat because there will be days during training where I'll either get 30 seconds to eat or barely half a day's rations or even multiple days with only a few MREs to share among a squad on top of ten mile humps through the mountains of camp pendleton :omy:

they said the guys with some fat stored up to burn sometimes outlast the lanky guys. which is good for me because I've got PLENTY of fat to burn :lol:

either way I'm running a lot. breaking in the new nikes, getting the ole ticker used to this bullshit. it'll be fun
swimming would help with that too
I'd love to spend time in a pool especially since I need to meet the CWS-2 standards during the swim week to qualify for my job but I'm not very good at swimming at all, I get water up me nostrils :| so a long time ago when I tried to swim as a workout I spent more time choking on water because I can't do a proper breast stroke than actually getting exercise :(

Last edited:
yeah, they actually told me not worry about being fat because there will be days during training where I'll either get 30 seconds to eat or barely half a day's rations or even multiple days with only a few MREs to share among a squad on top of ten mile humps through the mountains of camp pendleton :egads:

they said the guys with some fat stored up to burn sometimes outlast the lanky guys. which is good for me because I've got PLENTY of fat to burn :lol:

either way I'm running a lot. breaking in the new nikes, getting the ole ticker used to this bullshit. it'll be fun

I'd love to spend time in a pool especially since I need to meet the CWS-2 standards during the swim week to qualify for my job but I'm not very good at swimming at all, I get water up me nostrils :| so a long time ago when I tried to swim as a workout I spent more time choking on water because I can't do a proper breast stroke than actually getting exercise :(

guys that swim the english channel typically put on an extra 20 lbs or so...adds to their reserves

the key to swimming is to not inhale water :D