Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
found this on digg.com

Joss Declared the End
Bad news: In this weeks Entertainment Weekly in the News and Notes section Joss Whedon announced some news: he has given up on the Firefly saga. Despite the film getting "some of the best reviews of the year", since it seems there is not a large enough audience that a studio/corporation belives in, and also since we did get the big movie, he has given up on Firefly. He is making two more films: Wonder Woman, and a thriller for Universal. He will make which ever one gets greenlighted first first.

I will probably get lambasted for this, but I think I am hoping it doesn't get any more sequels. Don't get me wrong, I liked the show, but there doesn't seem to be many loose ends that could be covered well.

Actually, I did a quick search and this might just be a bad spin. Apparently what he really said is that he's stopping the crusaide for more Firefly/Serenity until there's interest from a studio to make some more. So I guess its true he's done actively working on it for now, but he's made it clear that in the future, he'd like to do more. Dunno how that would be possible unless the future was real soon.

theacoustician said:
Actually, I did a quick search and this might just be a bad spin. Apparently what he really said is that he's stopping the crusaide for more Firefly/Serenity until there's interest from a studio to make some more. So I guess its true he's done actively working on it for now, but he's made it clear that in the future, he'd like to do more. Dunno how that would be possible unless the future was real soon.

yeah, I don't think 'Firefly: The Next Generation' would work very well.

SpangeMonkee said:
yeah, I don't think 'Firefly: The Next Generation' would work very well.
Unless he does something soon, the only options are 1. something animated 2. set the new story in the same universe, several years after the movie.

I think I would be fine if they didn't leave the end of the movie so wide open, but what the hell happens
after the transmission is made and the Alliance gets busted
?

theacoustician said:
Unless he does something soon, the only options are 1. something animated 2. set the new story in the same universe, several years after the movie.

Depending on what you want resolved, it will have to be animated or BEFORE the original series.
For example, he can not cover Book's past easily.

theacoustician said:
I think I would be fine if they didn't leave the end of the movie so wide open, but what the hell happens
after the transmission is made and the Alliance gets busted
?

It would probably be a lot like the X-Files. Pretty much nothing happens. :)

taeric said:
Depending on what you want resolved, it will have to be animated or BEFORE the original series.
For example, he can not cover Book's past easily.

It would probably be a lot like the X-Files. Pretty much nothing happens. :)
I think
You could cover Book by delving into the Operative and what happens to him, post movie
. That might be interesting, but I'd still be more curious as to what happens in the 'verse in general, post-movie events.

theacoustician said:
I think
You could cover Book by delving into the Operative and what happens to him, post movie
. That might be interesting, but I'd still be more curious as to what happens in the 'verse in general, post-movie events.

Well, did you ever read the comic? It shows what happened to the blue handed people.

Pretty much they die. No big scene.