Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I keep finding dust masks while looking for the wipes I lost.
I'm not going to wear them all.
I guess they'd be useless at a hospital or clinic?
if you're interested in donating them, you could ask them to be sure. in normal circumstances, no, they wouldn't use them, but some places right now are reusing the same masks and respirators for a week+ at a time instead of changing them between patients. they might be able to use them over a more appropriate mask or respirator as an extra barrier, especially because they degrade with continued use.

Last edited:

the first half of this episode has an ED doc in NY talking about the conditions they're in, but the whole episode is pretty informative

if you're interested in donating them, you could ask them to be sure. in normal circumstances, no, they wouldn't use them, but some places right now are rescuing the same masks and respirators for a week+ at a time instead of changing them between patients. they might be able to use them over a more appropriate mask or respirator as an extra barrier, especially because they degrade with continued use.

I'm going to ask my RN friend then. (My nephew's wife) about this.
Good advice, thank you.

3 of them are N95s. Thats good right?
Wish I had more of those to give her.
She is sleeping and will get back to me. According to my nephew.

I saw a guy at the store yesterday in some awesome hazmat gear. He looked like Dustin Hoffman under all that stuff.

And I’m still wondering- what I had last June was exactly like what the Covid-19 symptoms are, and towards the end of my stay at the hospital, they did the swab through my nose and behind my frickin eyeball.

I mentioned that here earlier and it was pointed out that this thing wasn’t around back then, as if China has been honest about everything regarding this thing.

Now I’m wondering “how do we know?” I heard a report earlier that claims Chinese Americans knew of this coming a lot earlier than previously reported. Maybe they knew last June.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
3 of them are N95s. Thats good right?
Wish I had more of those to give her.
She is sleeping and will get back to me. According to my nephew.
yeah, N95 is the big one healthcare workers need to protect themselves. they're not healthcare-specific, it just has to do with the level of particulate filtration, so it's the same kinda thing painters or construction would have. there's other ratings for whether it's effective against oil-based particulates etc and there are higher #s that filter a higher percentage of particulates etc, but N95 is the base level that would normally be effective. and in good times, healthcare workers are able to change these masks out between patients, both because they become less effective the longer they're worn, and to reduce cross-contamination, bringing the funk from one patient into contact with another, and I think that's where the cloth masks and dust masks etc are going to help - it adds extra barriers & it can allow more frequent changing of the surface/side that is coming into contact with patients.

yeah, N95 is the big one healthcare workers need to protect themselves. they're not healthcare-specific, it just has to do with the level of particulate filtration, so it's the same kinda thing painters or construction would have. there's other ratings for whether it's effective against oil-based particulates etc and there are higher #s that filter a higher percentage of particulates etc, but N95 is the base level that would normally be effective. and in good times, healthcare workers are able to change these masks out between patients, both because they become less effective the longer they're worn, and to reduce cross-contamination, bringing the funk from one patient into contact with another, and I think that's where the cloth masks and dust masks etc are going to help - it adds extra barriers & it can allow more frequent changing of the surface/side that is coming into contact with patients.

I really wish I had more of them.
I have like 24 of the crap ones.
If they help, they can have them all.

I saw a guy at the store yesterday in some awesome hazmat gear. He looked like Dustin Hoffman under all that stuff.

And I’m still wondering- what I had last June was exactly like what the Covid-19 symptoms are, and towards the end of my stay at the hospital, they did the swab through my nose and behind my frickin eyeball.

I mentioned that here earlier and it was pointed out that this thing wasn’t around back then, as if China has been honest about everything regarding this thing.

Now I’m wondering “how do we know?” I heard a report earlier that claims Chinese Americans knew of this coming a lot earlier than previously reported. Maybe they knew last June.
Seems unlikely that you would have had it here and then there was an outbreak in Wuhan five months later, no? I mean, it's not like these symptoms are unique to COVID19.

Can appeal or can wait til April to reapply as that will move which quarters they're looking at. Gonna try both so I don't miss any money I'm owed.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD