Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I agree. I also think that ZRH makes terrible choices when it comes to the women he dates. You could dance around him with a giant red flag that says "DANGER! THIS BITCH IS GOING TO RUIN YOUR FUCKING LIFE AND POSSIBLY KILL YOU!" and he'd still be like "I'm gonna tap that and go into debt over it."

ZHR is me and I am ZHR

• Haha
Reactions: ZRH
Honestly I wont use pansexual because a) Im bi, not pan, and b) It makes me think of Pans Labyrinth and I dont want to fuck that goat masked thing.

at the end of the day labels are gross
i’ve identified as bisexual since i was 8ish.

later on in life when all these labels started popping up i started thinking hmmmm TO ME bisexual means being attracted to BOTH sexes, male or female.
not what they identify as

but then when i started to look back at my life and “escapades” i realized that I’m attracted to whatever the fuck you identify as. like your gender doesn’t matter to me. never have.

so whatever that label is, i guess that’s me but labels are gross anyway

i love PEOPLE. i’ve been there, done that.
so me having a short lived relationship with a transwoman makes me….?
means my feelings and attraction to all beings is awesome

later on in life when all these labels started popping up i started thinking hmmmm TO ME bisexual means being attracted to BOTH sexes, male or female.

but then when i started to look back at my life and “escapades” i realized that I’m attracted to whatever the fuck you identify as. like your gender doesn’t matter to me. never have.

You can't be bisexual, you prefer people and not Hobbits. What you're into is interspecies action.

some people prefer pansexual, some people prefer bisexual, some people consider bisexual an umbrella term that includes things like pansexual & omnisexual under it. there's no polysexuality governing body that you have to go before to register and stake your claim. labels can be divisive, but they can also be a convenient shorthand for describing the gist of attraction, & for finding community or micro-community.

polysexuality of any type tends to be misunderstood and mistreated by both "sides" of monosexuality.

again, I have no quarrel with someone feeling a more personal connection with the pansexual label, my only issue with it is with misguided justifications that hinge on mischaracterizing bisexuality based on their misunderstanding.

I think it's worth noting that because [polysexual label of choice] are typically looked down on by both "sides," it's also frequently prevented them from finding community that would have helped them learn the history of their particular sexuality, so a lot of people end up figuring their shit out basically on their own, and that's part of where you get persistent misunderstandings like "bisexual means attracted to men and women only" or "... to cis men and cis women only," etc. people see a term like "bisexual" and know enough basic Latin root words to understand it means "two," but assume it must refer to genders even though the two other overarching allosexual labels (homosexual and heterosexual) refer not to a particular gender but rather the likeness of gender to which one is attracted in comparison to their own; homosexual is attraction to like gender, heterosexual is attraction to not-like gender, and bisexual is the set that contains both.

trans men are men, and trans women are women, so we don't need a separate sexuality to describe attraction to them. nonbinary/genderqueer/GNC people are genders distinct from man or woman, so I can at least understand that as an impetus for thinking a new word was needed to include them, but it's covered under like and not-like.

COVID thread, motherfuckers.

Im back at work today, but still get tired when i stand too long or go up stairs. Its a very subtle thing, like 3 days of acute illness, but then this lasting weakness, that you dont really notice until you move.
We helped my parents move a heavy dresser about two weeks after we had Covid and felt like we were gonna die after. I totally get what you mean.

some people prefer pansexual, some people prefer bisexual, some people consider bisexual an umbrella term that includes things like pansexual & omnisexual under it. there's no polysexuality governing body that you have to go before to register and stake your claim. labels can be divisive, but they can also be a convenient shorthand for describing the gist of attraction, & for finding community or micro-community.

polysexuality of any type tends to be misunderstood and mistreated by both "sides" of monosexuality.

again, I have no quarrel with someone feeling a more personal connection with the pansexual label, my only issue with it is with misguided justifications that hinge on mischaracterizing bisexuality based on their misunderstanding.

I think it's worth noting that because [polysexual label of choice] are typically looked down on by both "sides," it's also frequently prevented them from finding community that would have helped them learn the history of their particular sexuality, so a lot of people end up figuring their shit out basically on their own, and that's part of where you get persistent misunderstandings like "bisexual means attracted to men and women only" or "... to cis men and cis women only," etc. people see a term like "bisexual" and know enough basic Latin root words to understand it means "two," but assume it must refer to genders even though the two other overarching allosexual labels (homosexual and heterosexual) refer not to a particular gender but rather the likeness of gender to which one is attracted in comparison to their own; homosexual is attraction to like gender, heterosexual is attraction to not-like gender, and bisexual is the set that contains both.

trans men are men, and trans women are women, so we don't need a separate sexuality to describe attraction to them. nonbinary/genderqueer/GNC people are genders distinct from man or woman, so I can at least understand that as an impetus for thinking a new word was needed to include them, but it's covered under like and not-like.

i’ve been with a transgender woman. what does that label me?
is it bi or pan..?

i think it’s whatever i want it to be be since i’m the one who’s identifying and not left for other people to tell me what that is or isn’t

does that make sense ? maybe i worded it wrong

We're ok. 3 days of acute symptoms, then general exhaustion. Im 9 days out from first symptoms, and my wife is like 6-7.

Kids are fine minus some sniffles and sleeping a lot more than usual.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Petunia
i’ve been with a transgender woman. what does that label me?
is it bi or pan..?

i think it’s whatever i want it to be be since i’m the one who’s identifying and not left for other people to tell me what that is or isn’t

does that make sense ? maybe i worded it wrong

yes, either is appropriate/accurate.

I don't care if people vibe better with pansexual & I'm not telling anyone they can't identify that way. what I WOULD take issue with is someone thinking bisexuality could not be an appropriate/accurate label there. none of the legitimate* sexuality labels are inherently trans-exclusionary. trans women are women. lesbians can be attracted to trans women and still be lesbians. attraction to transgender people needing its own sexuality label only makes sense if they think that trans women are a separate gender from (cis) women and trans men are a separate gender from (cis) men.

yes, either is appropriate/accurate.

I don't care if people vibe better with pansexual & I'm not telling anyone they can't identify that way. what I WOULD take issue with is someone thinking bisexuality could not be an appropriate/accurate label there. none of the legitimate* sexuality labels are inherently trans-exclusionary. trans women are women. lesbians can be attracted to trans women and still be lesbians. attraction to transgender people needing its own sexuality label only makes sense if they think that trans women are a separate gender from (cis) women and trans men are a separate gender from (cis) men.
Some cultures have a third gender. Kathoey in Thailand comes to mind. It's also a native american thing IIRC.

*I say legitimate to distinguish from the blatant transphobia disguised as a "sexuality" that is "Super Straight," which *is* inherently trans-exclusionary, but also absolutely 100% just transphobia with extra steps. the only quality all trans men share is being transgender, the only quality all trans women share is being transgender. there are trans people you'd NEVER clock as trans if they didn't tell you.