finally kicked my cock habit

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I was a slave to the stuff...really bad habit for most of my life
for the last 5 years, I've been doing it 3-4 times daily at cnn :eek:

of course I'm talking about the drink...I was literally drinking 3-4 32oz cokes a day and over the past few weeks I've broken myself of the habit as part of an effort to get myself into better shape

I've switched to water and lemonade and allow myself 1 coke at most per day if I even have any at all

next on the chopping block is smoking :eek:

anyone here quit anything bad lately or started working out?

yeah, as much as I love coke I decided a while ago to really cut back. I do drink it once in a while because I remember doing those experiments in high school with the chicken bone and the rusty nail

I drink Coca-Cola because it prevents me from rusting. :cool:

How is someone who consumes 600 grams of sugar a day via soda alone not grotesquely obese and/or diabetic? Jesus.

I used to drink too much Dr Pepper, or any other soda. I like the taste and get sick of water sometimes, but I aslo hate diet drinks. I can always taste the artificial sweetener and I hate it. I occasionally partake in a fountain drink at restaurants, but try to limit that.

So good luck to you.

Flamer McDickchugger said:
How is someone who consumes 600 grams of sugar a day via soda alone not grotesquely obese and/or diabetic? Jesus.

just lucky I guess...I don't really eat any sweet stuff at all, so all the sugar I ever get is from coke

elpmis said:
:eek: Go easy on the lemonade dude - it's apparently just as bad as coke

serios? I only have 1 or 2 lemonades...and it's the chickfila lemonade made with real lemons, not some powder mix crap

I stopped drinking pop about 7 years back and now when I do have some, I have to drink it in small amounts cause the carbonation is way to much for me. I can't drink Sprite or 7up straight, it has to be diluted with some other kind of drink (no, not alcohol, usually a fruit juice of some sort).

I haven't really kicked any habits in the recent past. I am going to try and start working out after I heal from having this kid, but I need to find something I remotely enjoy doing for that to happen.

hmm, figured it had some sugar in it but hadn't really contemplated how much...I don't drink it everyday either though...guess it'll only be one per day on the lemonade too if I do have any

if it's real sugar in the lemonade then it's not that big of a deal. it's the artificial stuff you need to worry about

can I squeeze ur lemonz :hi2u:

FlyNavy said:
if it's real sugar in the lemonade then it's not that big of a deal. it's the artificial stuff you need to worry about

What do you mean? Sucrose is sucrose. Natural sugar is just as bad for you as artificial sugar (or are you talking about aspartane, and all those fake sugars?)

HOLY SHIT...the lemonade at chickfila is worse for you than the fucking coke!!! WTF!! :lol:

AND they lied on the serving sizes...the larges are 32oz, not 21!!!

Chick-fil-A® Lemonade (large)
%DV
Serving Size - oz 21 oz
Serving Size - g 595g
Calories 390
Calories from fat 10
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated fat 0g 0%
Trans fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 25mg 1%
Carbohydrates 95g 32%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 93g
Protein 1g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 2%
Iron 2%

Coca-Cola Classic® (large)
%DV
Serving Size - oz 21 oz
Serving Size - g 595g
Calories 256
Calories from fat
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated fat 0g 0%
Trans fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 23mg 1%
Carbohydrates 65g 22%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 65g
Protein 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%

Coqui said:
What do you mean? Sucrose is sucrose. Natural sugar is just as bad for you as artificial sugar (or are you talking about aspartane, and all those fake sugars?)
exactly. artificial sweeteners are far worse for you than actual sugars. your brain interprets the sweetness and your body immediately starts reacting as if it's expecting an influx of sugar and carbs. when it doesn't get what it's expecting things get thrown out of whack

I'm certainly no expert on the subject so I can't possibly remember what the actual series of chemical reactions are that take place but the few personal trainers and certified nutritionists that have brought this up all say the same thing: if you're going to continue drinking soda drink stay away from anything labeled "diet" because those are worse for you and will keep the weight on longer than the regular stuff.

edit: also, sugar isn't bad for you. the human body requires it but the problem is that people tend to overindulge. too little is just as unhealthy as too much so learning what your body needs and taking in the right amount of everything is far better than simply trying to avoid sugar completely. moderation is key :cool:

Last edited:
why_ask_why said:
HOLY SHIT...the lemonade at chickfila is worse for you than the fucking coke!!! WTF!! :lol:

AND they lied on the serving sizes...the larges are 32oz, not 21!!!
DUDE I TOLD YA!