Feature Wishlist

I'd seriously consider any phone that:

-Calls
-Has an address book
-Good battery life
-Does visual voicemail.

Seriously, sans wifi, 3G, GRPS, MP3 playback, games, 3rd party apps, fancy ringtones, and a camera, I'd still want it.

I doubt I'm going to get onboard with the whole wireless data plans thing for quite a while, they seem to stay prohibitively expensive.

I'd seriously consider any phone that:

-Calls
-Has an address book
-Good battery life
-Does visual voicemail.

Seriously, sans wifi, 3G, GRPS, MP3 playback, games, 3rd party apps, fancy ringtones, and a camera, I'd still want it.

I doubt I'm going to get onboard with the whole wireless data plans thing for quite a while, they seem to stay prohibitively expensive.

I pay 2.99 for mine right now. T-zones through TMO

ok, scratch wifi, but GPS is now required.

That's a program you can download.

The program I've used tells you where you are by your position between the cell towers. As for true satellite, I'm unsure what you do there.

edit: I have a GPS in my car so having on my phone is silly unless i'm... hiking?

The program I've used tells you where you are by your position between the cell towers. As for true satellite, I'm unsure what you do there.

edit: I have a GPS in my car so having on my phone is silly unless i'm... hiking?

Finding your friends in a crowd would be a cool thing to do with GPS.

it'd be really useful for hiking. mapping and tracking trails. also google local integration would be awesome.

why would it have to be pandora compatible? how about just able to take all streaming standards so you can use last.fm or whatever new standard emerges over time.

why would it have to be pandora compatible? how about just able to take all streaming standards so you can use last.fm or whatever new standard emerges over time.
well, yeah. i just happen to only use pandora at the moment. i don't know what it uses but the browser on my treo 600 doesn't support it. if it's java or flash or something else i just want it to work.

What? We're talking about cell phone wifi in here.

it has everything Johnny B requested. a cell phone service with qwerty keyboard, big screen, supports 3rd party apps, sd expansion card, gmail, gps, etc.

add some type of voip service and you can even make phone calls with it!

it has everything Johnny B requested. a cell phone service with qwerty keyboard, big screen, supports 3rd party apps, sd expansion card, gmail, gps, etc.

add some type of voip service and you can even make phone calls with it!
you're right, but it fails the implied "must fit in pocket" criteria that usually comes with a cellphone.

what aboot a phone that sounds like a phone when it rings, my wifes has nothing but fancy jingles, song bits ect...

i'm gonna take an ol rotory i got here, slap a pic and a cell module, and bring it old school...