lemon_fresh

Half-staff Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥5
So do you?
On a regular basis?
Do you get paid for working extra?
If you do NOT get paid for the xtra work, why do you do it then?

Me, I'll shoot for 6 hours a day tops of working. The additional financial rewards just don't make up for the physical and mental wear and tear. Maybe once a year I'll pull a long week, but never more than that. I most certainly am not a 10hr+ a day sort of worker.

**If you own a business you are not eligible to reply.

i generally work closer to 45-50 hours a week, more during rat studies. i can't get paid OT since i'm paid from grant monies, but i bank my time and save it up and use it in place of my actual vacation time

lemon_fresh said:
So do you?
On a regular basis?
Do you get paid for working extra?
If you do NOT get paid for the xtra work, why do you do it then?

Me, I'll shoot for 6 hours a day tops of working. The additional financial rewards just don't make up for the physical and mental wear and tear. Maybe once a year I'll pull a long week, but never more than that. I most certainly am not a 10hr+ a day sort of worker.

**If you own a business you are not eligible to reply.
You own your own business :tard:

And you're lazy as shit. :lol:

I work 40 hours a week at one job, and 15 hours a week at another. It rarely goes above or below that since I'm salary at both places.

i'm self employed so i should be doing 12h+ days. I rarely do, maybe 7-8h/day on average unless I have a heavy workload.

My best buddy always makes me feel guilty by working huge days (he was calling me from the office at 10:30pm last night and left for work at 6am this morning:eek: )

edit: i didn't read the disclaimer :(

I rarely work more than 40 hours a week, though the majority of my "work" involves sitting around feeling my ass grow. If I can find an excuse to work OT I usually do it. I can aways use a few extra sheckels.

I'm salary. Don't punch a timeclock but expected to work 8 hours a day. I usually put in 45+ hours a week. If I have lots of work I work on the weekeneds or vpn from home. I'm always on call. They provide a blackberry for me to be on call and just pay for any cell service without every bitching who I call or how long I use it.

My boss is typically good about trying to compesate for working on a weekend. He can't give you any more money so he just lets you have paid days off occasionally to help make up for it. He also "forgets" to file your days off sometimes.

distortedmind said:
i'm self employed so i should be doing 12h+ days. I rarely do, maybe 7-8h/day on average unless I have a heavy workload.

My best buddy always makes me feel guilty by working huge days (he was calling me from the office at 10:30pm last night and left for work at 6am this morning:eek: )

edit: i didn't read the disclaimer :(

What the fuck does he do for 12hrs+ a day? at what point does his productivity just drop off to nil? Or is he avoiding his family/spouse this way?

Lemon_Fresh is taking care of buisness

"You can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day
And I'll be...
Taking care of business every day
Taking care of business every way
I've been taking care of business, it's all mine
Taking care of business and working overtime"

lemon_fresh said:
What the fuck does he do for 12hrs+ a day? at what point does his productivity just drop off to nil? Or is he avoiding his family/spouse this way?

running his dad's and his own (new) business... there is always something to be doing.

i know when he stays late he isn't working like a bitch and he has time for a toke but he still gets stuff done. eg i'm doing him a website at the moment, and he doesn't have time to write the text during the day so he does it after work.

elpmis said:
I work 40 hours a week at one job, and 15 hours a week at another. It rarely goes above or below that since I'm salary at both places.

I'm guessing the 40-hour is the gubmit job. What's the other?

distortedmind said:
running his dad's and his own (new) business... there is always something to be doing.

i know when he stays late he isn't working like a bitch and he has time for a toke but he still gets stuff done. eg i'm doing him a website at the moment, and he doesn't have time to write the text during the day so he does it after work.
Self employed designing websites?