do we need the F-22?

I'm just assuming that you have all known the best game but haven't mentioned it yet.

Top_Gun_2_thumb_cart.jpg

Top_Gun_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

+1 cm to your man-junk dropping.

I had something else to post here, but realized that Im an idiot and wish I had been drinking at lunch so I'd have an excuse.

People's knowledge varies from one topic to another. I may know more about military crap and thangs but you are a heck of a lot better with electronics and gadgets than I am.

didn't the per plane cost triple in the last 8 years or so? as the govt keeps scaling back the order the contractor just keeps jacking up the per plane cost to cover it, iirc

I think the quoted costs usually include development, but I could be wrong.
So if the plane cost $x to develop and $y each to make and z planes are ordered, the cost is ($y + ($x / z)) x z

EDIT:
Holy shit, I just used Algebra in real life. I'm going to go warn my past self.

EDIT2:
Bad Algebra, apparently

Last edited:
One would think that they could come up with a type of radar that could sense a 'hole' in the sky, but then again I don't read the AWACS owner's manual either...

Um...

Aside from what w_a_w pointed out. The sky does not have a radar signature. You cant detect a hole in something that doesnt exist.

Think about it this way. You have a black wall (the sky), when you shine a light (radio waves) on it: it is still black. Now imagine airplanes are tiny mirrors floating between the light source and the wall. You can "see" them because they reflect the light back into your eyes (the radar). The bigger the mirror the more light it reflects and the easier it is to see.

Stealth works by either; asorbing the radio waves (i.e. painting a mirror black so that it looks like the background), or dispersing them in another direction (would be analog to covering a mirror with prisms) so that they arent reflected back to your eye.

Of course this doesnt take into account a number of things but you get the idea?

Last edited:
Russia has a thrust vector stealth jet (Google it FG!) that is more maneuverable than ours. The 22 is replacing more than just our 15s and 16s et al, it's replacing the 117 as well. It hits targets that don't even know it's there. Did you guys see the staggering kill ratios this thing has? It was like 10:1 on a 15. That's some shit.

that jet is shit hot to watch fly. :drool: