David "Seize Any Opportunity" Copperfield

What is it with you and magicians? Meeting Criss Angel and now this. Are you following your childhood dream or something?

I have never understood the appeal of magicians. Once you know the shit is fake, does it really matter if they can conjure winged monkeys from your colon?

Same goes for pro wrestlers, sans conjured monkeys. Fucking lame. No offense Coqui.

I have never understood the appeal of magicians. Once you know the shit is fake, does it really matter if they can conjure winged monkeys from your colon?

Same goes for pro wrestlers, sans conjured monkeys. Fucking lame. No offense Coqui.

Even though we know it's all fake, you have to admit there is a certain level of skill involved. Even pro-wrestling involves a certain measure of athleticism which is unattainable by the average schmo

I don't have beef with WWF as much as the average fan. While I'm sure Coqui is smart enough to know it's all fake I grew up with more than a couple rednecks that thought all the "behind the scenes" drama was real. Vince McMahon has an illegitimate child? :omy: Say it ain't so!!!

Last edited:
Even though we know it's all fake, you have to admit there is a certain level of skill involved. Even pro-wrestling involves a certain measure of athleticism which is unattainable by the average schmo

I don't doubt that part at all. Some of those guys have horribly damaged themselves and required dozens of surgeries. It's tough, it's just.....weird. Why the drama and fakeness? Why not have those gigantor guys go out there and legitimately wrestle? :confused:

I don't doubt that part at all. Some of those guys have horribly damaged themselves and required dozens of surgeries. It's tough, it's just.....weird. Why the drama and fakeness? Why not have those gigantor guys go out there and legitimately wrestle? :confused:

Some people just want a story. Some folk just really want to be fooled.

Case in point: magicians. We know it's not real but it takes skill to make it look real. Just like any TV show. Granted I never saw the appeal in the "story" of pro wrestling but some people enjoy it. I only get irritated at the ones that insist it's not made up and that those "fights" aren't predetermined.

:lol:

I know the outcome's prescripted, and I know they sometimes try not to injure each other......but you have to be amazed at some of the stuff they pull of and not injure each other with.

Because 90% of the famous stuff done would actually kill someone if done for real.

"If this car drive into a group of gypsies, will there be any damage to the car?"

"It depends on how hard you hit them and all that."

"Hard."