WTF Dallas

these three should not result in someone getting shot.
even still... The moral of this story is - Don’t point a gun at the cops and don’t run when they tell you stop, and you’re likely to survive. Since the population of the US is about 318 million people, a thousand deaths at the hands of police works out to 1 in 318,000. You have a better chance of being killed in a violent storm (1 in 68,000) or slipping in the tub (1 in 11,500) than being shot by a cop, no matter what color you are.

Officers have a job to do....their position is dangerous....they have a right to also protect themselves.....orders are to be followed or we have lawlessness.

• Nearly a third of police shootings resulted from car chases that began with a minor traffic stop.

Need to get rid of bullshit traffic stops. Stop the revenue collecting and let cops be cops. Will fix like 50% of the problems overnight. Get rid of bullshit laws outlawing drugs and you'll fix the other 50%.

The answer is easy, but the solution is tough for politicians because it cuts into their budget.

I get the feeling that The Powers That Be are putting forth Dallas Cop Massacre as a Lone Gunman incident.

Are you kidding me?
Dallas
3.blocks from Dealey Plaza
Originally 4 suspects
Lone Gunman slain by police, after allegedly claiming he acted alone.

Anyone else creeped out by this?

The only thing still missing is Senator Warren (D, Mass)
being appointed to head an investigative comission.

I get the feeling that The Powers That Be are putting forth Dallas Cop Massacre as a Lone Gunman incident.

Are you kidding me?
Dallas
3.blocks from Dealey Plaza
Originally 4 suspects
Lone Gunman slain by police, after allegedly claiming he acted alone.

Anyone else creeped out by this?

The only thing still missing is Senator Warren (D, Mass)
being appointed to head an investigative comission.

There's tons of video of the cops themselves saying at least 2 shooters, elevated positions, parking garage, intersecting fields of fire, etc. Also bunch of random phone video that could be used to identify multiple guns being fired or shots coming from different directions, etc.

Still wouldn't surprise me if they tried to fleece it though. They don't even know if the people in custody are all the shooters or were even shooters. Sooner or later they're gonna pick a fall guy or two and say, "we got 'em". Case closed.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
eh. . .not yet. they're still asking for anyone with additional info to call in. Could it be that they're close to anyone else and don't want to scare them off with media reports?

Also, It's so early & there's already been a lot of 'reports' that have changed.
Ok.
I still eventually want to know about the 3 living suspects and Whether or not they are still "persons of interest" and why.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Ok.
I still eventually want to know about the 3 living suspects and Whether or not they are still "persons of interest" and why.
Ditto. It was weird last night to hear a report that one suspect was down and another was pinned to the ground and then 5 minutes later hearing from the same source that now, per the DPD, there were no suspects known to be contained yet.

the Washington Post published a study of the police shootings that took place in 2015. Likely they intended the story to be shocking — as on Dec. 24, 965 people were killed by police! Instead, the report quells the notion that trigger-happy cops are out hunting for civilian victims, especially African-Americans. Among its key findings:

• White cops shooting unarmed black men accounted for less than 4 percent of fatal police shootings.
  • In three-quarters of the incidents, cops were either under attack themselves or defending civilians. In other words, doing their jobs.
  • The majority of those killed were brandishing weapons, suicidal or mentally troubled or bolted when ordered to surrender.
  • Nearly a third of police shootings resulted from car chases that began with a minor traffic stop.
Do you follow Colin Noir? If not, you might actually appreciate his outlook on things like this. If we could just get him viewed by more people on both sides of everything I think we'd be in a much better position.

What the fuck is wrong with you people thinking that everyone should have a clear picture immediately?
Facebook knows everything. I get all my news there on the spot. Read the headlines and the first paragraph and I'm an expert in the subject and know the solution, but everyone looks at me like I'm fucking nuts. I don't get it.