Creepy Scientology vid feat. Tom Cruise

Actually a great deal of Christian traditions and Catholic traditions (especially Catholic) come from pagan roots.

Ie. Christmas trees.

Everything most folks know about wicca comes from the movies. :lol: There are a lot of parallels between paganism and christianity because it was the best way to convert simple people back in the day. Early christian leaders manipulated their religion in order to make it more appealing to the pagans.

Yet, somehow, paganism is now less credible?

:lol:

Everything most folks know about wicca comes from the movies. :lol: There are a lot of parallels between paganism and christianity because it was the best way to convert simple people back in the day. Early christian leaders manipulated their religion in order to make it more appealing to the pagans.

Yet, somehow, paganism is now less credible?

Yeah its always funny to me. I have a great deal of respect for those that practice wicca or whatnot.

christianity-thumb.jpg

That was my favorite internet image of 2007.

To really understand how these religions and cults can ever work do some reading on Neurotheology, also known as biotheology or spiritual neuroscience. It is the study of correlations of neural phenomena with subjective experiences of spirituality and hypotheses to explain these phenomena. Proponents of neurotheology claim that there is a neurological and evolutionary basis for subjective experiences traditionally categorized as spiritual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotheology

Before I studied in that some I never understood the hardcore Jesus freaks. Now I understand they they get almost like a buzz off of the religious stuff because of how their brain works. I'm bi-polar so mine works a little differently. I don't get that buzz and doubt I would out of their church. I need a different type of environment/spirtuality to stimulate those areas of my brain. Or good drugs.

I want a God helmet and some good acid. That would be so cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

Last edited:
Actually a great deal of Christian traditions and Catholic traditions (especially Catholic) come from pagan roots.

Ie. Christmas trees.
whoop dee do. I don't like most of those traditions either but either way those or pagan traditions, not this half-assed neopaganist crap. when I meet a real pagan I'll be genuinely interested in getting the first hand skinny on it but wicca is much like scientology, a cult set up a mere half century ago for emo outcasts that aren't cool enough to be goths.

:D

Yeah its always funny to me. I have a great deal of respect for those that practice wicca or whatnot.
why? :lol: there's no more sense in thinking there's a goat god and goddess than thinking there's a jesus or an allah.

see, pagans can be cool. but people who think witchcraft is real? :fly:

NO RESPEK FOR TEH PEEPOLS THAT PRAKTICE ANY TYPE OF FAIFF OR CRYSTOLS!!!
hallowed are the ori :mad:

Last edited:
To really understand how these religions and cults can ever work do some reading on Neurotheology, also known as biotheology or spiritual neuroscience. It is the study of correlations of neural phenomena with subjective experiences of spirituality and hypotheses to explain these phenomena. Proponents of neurotheology claim that there is a neurological and evolutionary basis for subjective experiences traditionally categorized as spiritual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotheology

Before I studied in that some I never understood the hardcore Jesus freaks. Now I understand they they get almost like a buzz off of the religious stuff because of how their brain works. I'm bi-polar so mine works a little differently. I don't get that buzz and doubt I would out of their church. I need a different type of environment/spirtuality to stimulate those areas of my brain. Or good drugs.

I want a God helmet and some good acid. That would be so cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

So religion is a drug? Filthy drug addicts

All the family guy Jesus & God spiffs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oTWy20Vh0"]YouTube - Family Guy Jesus Scenes[/ame]

The parlor trick ones are the best

whoop dee do. I don't like most of those traditions either but either way those or pagan traditions, not this half-assed neopaganist crap. when I meet a real pagan I'll be genuinely interested in getting the first hand skinny on it but wicca is much like scientology, a cult set up a mere half century ago for emo outcasts that aren't cool enough to be goths.

:D

why? :lol: there's no more sense in thinking there's a goat god and goddess than thinking there's a jesus or an allah.

hallowed are the ori :mad:
I think you're undereducated, or simply misunderstanding... You know how every religion has it's little offshoots of crazies.. like the Branch Dividians and the purple sneaker poisoned kool aid drinkers? I think you have to wade through all of the "Magick" stuff to get to the heart of wicca as a religion, unfortunately a lot of silly goth people with no belief in their own personal power have to rely upon their faith in the ability of a religion to have some sort of control on life.

but isnt' that the same basic concept as "God's Will"? When we feel powerless we draw upon something supernatural or bigger than ourselves in order to understand it or rationalize it?

IIRC, the very heart of wicca is a balance between the earth mother and lord father... but it's very nature oriented, very natural, recognizing a spiritual power which ebbs and flows in each living thing and it's through this psychic connection that the consciousness can connect with the divine.

Is that really more strange than talking in tongues and doing belly flops in the middle of an aisle during church service?

I have respect for anyone that deals with the shit they deal with. Say you're a witch and you get scorned, people lose their jobs, oh yeah and the witch hunt killed off more people than the holocaust. Its partially the same reason why I respect homosexuals, to deal with so much shit and be true to yourself takes courage.

Witchcraft is real. Its the Hollywood ideas that aren't.

I think you're undereducated, or simply misunderstanding... You know how every religion has it's little offshoots of crazies.. like the Branch Dividians and the purple sneaker poisoned kool aid drinkers? I think you have to wade through all of the "Magick" stuff to get to the heart of wicca as a religion, unfortunately a lot of silly goth people with no belief in their own personal power have to rely upon their faith in the ability of a religion to have some sort of control on life.

but isnt' that the same basic concept as "God's Will"? When we feel powerless we draw upon something supernatural or bigger than ourselves in order to understand it or rationalize it?

IIRC, the very heart of wicca is a balance between the earth mother and lord father... but it's very nature oriented, very natural, recognizing a spiritual power which ebbs and flows in each living thing and it's through this psychic connection that the consciousness can connect with the divine.

Is that really more strange than talking in tongues and doing belly flops in the middle of an aisle during church service?

nope, both equally as strange :fly:

I can respect paganism as a religion even though I think it's still as ridiculous as any other religion, from the bible thumpers to the durka durkas to the greek pantheon to the myths of both feather and dot injuns. Wicca, however, has only been around for 50 some odd years. I don't give a hoot n hilly what they claim it's based on, it's still something invented recently and I'm going to treat it the same as scientology or the order of the jedi.

folks can believe whatever makes 'em happy, but I'm still gonna find it amusing

I can respect paganism as a religion even though I think it's still as ridiculous as any other religion, from the bible thumpers to the durka durkas to the greek pantheon to the myths of both feather and dot injuns. Wicca, however, has only been around for 50 some odd years. I don't give a hoot n hilly what they claim it's based on, it's still something invented recently and I'm going to treat it the same as scientology or the order of the jedi.

Lol wicca or witchcraft or whatever has been around since caveman.

Shows what I know, I didn't realize wicca was a 20th century creation.

I have respect for anyone that deals with the shit they deal with. Say you're a witch and you get scorned, people lose their jobs, oh yeah and the witch hunt killed off more people than the holocaust. Its partially the same reason why I respect homosexuals, to deal with so much shit and be true to yourself takes courage.

Witchcraft is real. Its the Hollywood ideas that aren't.

the difference is that being gay is not a choice.

you can't lose your job over your religion. unfortunately. the law already prohibits it.

witch hunt? :lol: first of all, tens of thousands were killed. six MILLION died in the holocaust. bit of a difference.

second, no wiccans were involved in said witch hunt because it was invented by a nutty anthropologist in the 20th century.

if you want to believe that witchcraft is real, more power to ya :heart: but in my eyes it holds about as much water as noah's ark

since there were no records during that time, I highly doubt that :p

and gardner started a new movement altogether. he invented a new religion. he claimed to base it off centuries old ideas and that's fine, but wicca as the legally recognized religion did not exist until 1954

No, he's right, from what I can tell, Wicca is a 20th centry thing, no earlier than 1920's.

The principals upon which it is based are much older, but it's also a combination of celtic, native american, and other religions.

Witchcraft isn't exclusively wiccan. Paganism embraces a broad range of non-christian religious stuff and things.