COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,751
Who here loves concerts?
Meeeee!
I've been to over 100 easy.

the best concerts I've ever been to was The Beastie Boys. In a mosh pit.

Also The Tragically Hip
( @tre @gee @Darth Handsome ) would know of them

And front row at Metallica was pretty amazing. (Seen them 11 times)

Worst concert was R.Kelly

Share!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I've seen the Tragically Hip a couple times, didn't bother trying for this tour as I figured it would be ridiculous, and it is.

I saw the Beastie Boys too - Talib Kweli opened for them and he was amazing.

I just saw Pearl Jam a few weeks ago - always wanted to see them, it was an amazing show.

Slayer in Montreal was one of my favourite shows ever. If you're into metal at all, seeing a show in Montreal is a great experience.

My favourite show ever was a punk band called Propagandhi when I first moved to Toronto, they played at the El Mocambo. Great great show by a band I loved and it was just a great time in my life.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and Petunia
I hate concerts. Only because I can't handle large crowds. However, in 2000 I was a statge guard at the Roskilde Festival and I got to see many cool shows. I worked during a Lamb concert at that was awesome. Ministry was pretty good, and so was Marilyn Manson. Pearl Jam was good except for the people dying.

I haven't been too many concerts because my body really can't handle standing up for hours. There's also the fact that I despise humans and there tend to be a lot (A FUCKING LOT) of them in concerts.

But seeing Billy Sheehan with Steve Vai was an experience I'll never forget. I was mesmerized the whole time.

I'll never forget Rob Halford riding a huge fucking chopper out of the smokes into the stage too.

Amon Amarth playing a 2 hour set shirtless while it was snowing blew my mind. It was literally 0 celcius (or below), the lake was frozen and they said "Holy shit Istanbul is hot!" while we were wearing thermal clothing so that we wouldn't, you know, die.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I go often to see the screamo metal that tickles my fancy.

Went about 2 months ago to see Amon Amarth, before that to see Lamb of God and Slipknot (LoG stole the show, duh). In the last few years, I've been to see Amon Amarth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Children of Bodom, and Mastodon.

I'll never forget Rob Halford riding a huge fucking chopper out of the smokes into the stage too.

Amon Amarth playing a 2 hour set shirtless while it was snowing blew my mind. It was literally 0 celcius (or below), the lake was frozen and they said "Holy shit Istanbul is hot!" while we were wearing thermal clothing so that we wouldn't, you know, die.

I last saw the chopper on their Angel of Retribution tour. Fuckin' killer.

The last time Amon Amarth came here, Johan Hegg was out of commission, so they invited people from the crowd to come up and sing. It was Viking Karaoke night.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
I've seen my fair share of concerts but I prefer to see a band in a club or a theater.
I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn at what was Great Woods then Tweeter Center now I have no idea what it's called in Mansfield, Ma around 1987. Best show ever.
I barnstormed to as far up front as I could get which was about 9th row so I could watch his fingers.
Words can't describe.
I also saw RHCP in nightclubs twice before they reached super stardom.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I go often to see the screamo metal that tickles my fancy.

Went about 2 months ago to see Amon Amarth, before that to see Lamb of God and Slipknot (LoG stole the show, duh). In the last few years, I've been to see Amon Amarth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Children of Bodom, and Mastodon.

I misses the Maidens. :(

I still can't believe that.

I was going to see Dio but he passed away that year. Damn.

I last saw the chopper on their Angel of Retribution tour. Fuckin' killer.

The last time Amon Amarth came here, Johan Hegg was out of commission, so they invited people from the crowd to come up and sing. It was Viking Karaoke night.

Rob is a magnificent son of a bitch.

Viking Karaoke lolz. Calling @Lambie

Fuck, I forgot, I've also seen Primus like 17 times.

Never saw them with anyone but the originals, though. Claypool + LaLonde + Alexander 4eva.

When I saw Primus during their "Tales from the Punchbowl" tour, the crowd kept throwing weed up on stage. Les was getting pissed about it, and finally stopped the band playing (RIGHT BEFORE ALL THE GOOD DRUM FILLS IN JOHN THE FISHERMAN), and told us, "hey, I really appreciate all the weed you guys are throwing up here, but next time when you think about throwing something, why don't you think instead, 'how about I lick this and shove it up my ass'".

And then they didn't play any more of John the Fisherman. :(

Saw the Butthole Surfers twice, both again at the height of their underground power, with the chick gogo dancing in the loincloth and the sex change operation movie being shown behind the stage.
I swear they must have studied psych and black magic, those shows were mind bending.

On the other side of things, I saw Dave Brubeck, BB King, and Maynard Ferguson back in my early college years (back when I had pretensions of being a great musician, rather than just a mediocre recording engineer).

Maynard gave me a high five while he was walking up and down the aisles playing the Rocky theme.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas