GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asa's post is aweome but Im admittedly a bit of a firewood nerd
If you've ever actually had to stay warm with a fire, how could you not be?

Early in my courtship of Ladybutt, we'd go have dinner with Dad and stay the night as he lives way out in BFE. We'd stay in a little 2-bedroom house made in the '30s that he bought and had transported out to his property. He was in the middle of fixing it up at the time so there was no power unless you cranked the generator outside, and the only heat and light was from fire. Kerosene lamps with glass mantles (one from the '30s, one from earlier) and a big ole glass-fronted fire place/stove thingie (looked like this https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200665055_200665055 ) for heat.

Was nice.

Hackberries are considered a nuisance here.

No wait, it's chinaberries. Chinaberries are considered a nuisance here.
I think some consider them a nuisance tree here, but I don't think Dad does. There are others that spread worse than Hackberry that Dad is fighting. Chinese Tallow/Popcorn trees are what he hates right now.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I would like to say that my heart warms over when Asa is talking about his dad. You can feel the love through his posts and its terrific.
Dad is the epitome of that John Wooden quote about character and what happens when no one is looking.

He is my hero and role model in (almost) every aspect.

I think some consider them a nuisance tree here, but I don't think Dad does. There are others that spread worse than Hackberry that Dad is fighting. Chinese Tallow/Popcorn trees are what he hates right now.

The "chinaberry" here grows fast and makes these groups of seeds that quite closely resemble a bunch of grapes. People with fancy manicured lawns don't like them because they make for a lot of cleanup work. Other people don't like them because a single tree can make several dozens or hundreds of these bunches resulting in thousands or tens of thousands of these seeds that no human can possibly keep up with and birds eat them and shit them out spreading them all over the place.

I wouldn't barbeque with it or make a fine instrument out of it but I enjoy and take care of ours because it's huge and lives in the middle of the yard and provides much shade, which is kind of important here.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes
I love this shit.

I'm gonna build a fire in the fireplace tonight
0c8e1ae50fb50d7a7bc0b4a42244c3c4.jpg

Was up in Pasco county last night; my uncle had a fire roaring in the fireplace. They had one going in the fire pit out back too, but no.

I noticed a heavy increase in people smelling like burned wood from firepits while grocery shopping Sunday morning.

It was gross.
Eww take a shower, people.

There were several people shopping in Publix yesterday morning in giant pj onsies with footies. Pasco county, tho.

Eww take a shower, people.

There were several people shopping in Publix yesterday morning in giant pj onsies with footies. Pasco county, tho.

It's more the fact they were wearing the same clothes (or at least the jackets) they were wearing by the fire the night before. I got it a lot when I used to camp in CO often. At least I learned that when you head into town, wear a different coat than what you wear by the fire.

As for Pasco and PJ onsies in public, I figured that was a normal everyday thing :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
It's more the fact they were wearing the same clothes (or at least the jackets) they were wearing by the fire the night before. I got it a lot when I used to camp in CO often. At least I learned that when you head into town, wear a different coat than what you wear by the fire.

As for Pasco and PJ onsies in public, I figured that was a normal everyday thing :lol:

That’s why I just sit by the fire in a loin cloth

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Ledboots
Status
Not open for further replies.