GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my hardest exam was first, so it should be rather smooth sailing now.

still need to find a job for next term though. got an offer from montreal but not sure i know nearly enough french to succeed out there.
My most difficult was going to be my electrical systems exam. Then prof made it simple as shit and didn't give the people who needed to take it early a different version...

Even without knowing the specifics of half the questions it was a cakewalk. My project in Kinematics and Dynamics gave me heartburn, though.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
A mail lady we had in Virginia was arrested in front of our condo for stealing gift cards out of peoples mail. Read in the paper she was charged with a felony for it.

Mail system is a constitutionally mandated federal service. Anything to do with messing with the mail no matter how small is an automatic felony.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
A mail lady we had in Virginia was arrested in front of our condo for stealing gift cards out of peoples mail. Read in the paper she was charged with a felony for it.

An example:

Years ago there was a custom speaker builder with a company called Dr. Bass that sold rigs to bass players. The guy was a crook and was taking people's payments and not delivering product. When it all blew up the people that were able to get their money back were the ones who used the post office as some part of the transaction. For example buying a postal money order at the post office and mailing it to the company for purchase of the speakers. That allowed them to threaten felony mail fraud charges and get the feds involved.

There's people who to this day still haven't been made whole because they did something like pay with a bank card and instruct him to ship it FedEx.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Strings
An example:

Years ago there was a custom speaker builder with a company called Dr. Bass that sold rigs to bass players. The guy was a crook and was taking people's payments and not delivering product. When it all blew up the people that were able to get their money back were the ones who used the post office as some part of the transaction. For example buying a postal money order at the post office and mailing it to the company for purchase of the speakers. That allowed them to threaten felony mail fraud charges and get the feds involved.

There's people who to this day still haven't been made whole because they did something like pay with a bank card and instruct him to ship it FedEx.

I remember all that. He did make and ship some cabs. Guess demand exceeded his abilities but still wanted that money.
I'd think twice before doing business where I need to pay before the guy even has the materials to make what I'm buying.

I remember all that. He did make and ship some cabs. Guess demand exceeded his abilities but still wanted that money.
I'd think twice before doing business where I need to pay before the guy even has the materials to make what I'm buying.

Small one or two man shop. If I remember there was a deposit of sorts, which I guess he used to buy materials, then the rest of the balance due when it was finished or something like that. Dude started robbing Peter to pay Paul and entered a financial death spin.

Aside from all the crooked stuff, the actual speakers themselves were pretty good quality stuff, if you ever happen to run across a used one somewhere.

• Gravy
The guy was doing it right for a couple years or some amount of time anyway. There are Dr. Bass cabs out there and he did have a good rep for a time but then something happened. Started using deposit money for things other than the speaker it was intended for. Taking full payments and not finishing product, etc.

Deposit on a custom, one-off item is a fairly common thing. Not really on a predesigned stock model though.

He might've been able to save his rep if he just stopped and said hey look, I can't take any more new orders. Sorry I'm late fulfilling existing orders but I'll do the best I can. And then actually made some demonstrable progress in finishing cabs. But he didn't. Kept taking money and making empty promises and basically built his own Ponzi scheme and collapsed it on himself.

• Gravy
30mxruv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.