College Football Week #8 v. BCS Edition

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
Here we go, the only poll that matters now.

Thursday

#9 BYU (6-0) @ TCU (6-1) Versus 8:00 PM

- ESPN decides to pass on this matchup for a non-important NC St./FSU Game. BYU hopes to solidfy it's spot as an at-large bid for a BCS game. This and the Utah game should be their last two challenges, but they'll be going against the #1 total defense in the country for this one.

Florida State (4-1) @ NC State (2-4) ESPN ESPN360 7:30 PM

- Bobby Bowden continues to chase JoePa for the all time winningest coach as he takes on the wolf pack with their annoying hand gesture

Saturday

#11 Missouri (5-1) @ #1 Texas (6-0) ABC 8:00 PM

- In the 2nd of a series of tough games, Texas looks to hold their #1 spot against a team that may have had their weakness exposed at Oklahoma State in their loss last week.

Michigan (2-4) @ #3 Penn State (7-0) ESPN ESPN360 4:30 PM

- It's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for Michigan as one week they show promise then flounder the next week after that. Which one will show up as Undefeated and NC front runner from the Big10 hosts in what is sure to be a hostile environment (PSU has not beaten Michigan since 1996) since there's blood in the water.

#16 Kansas (5-1) @ #4 Oklahoma (5-1) ABC ESPN360 3:30 PM

- Oklahoma's hurting right now. Kansas is poised to push ahead. Will the defeat crush Oklahoma's motivation or will it renew it?

#22 Vanderbilt (5-1) @ #10 Georgia (5-1) Gameplan ESPN360 12:30 pm

- Vanderbilt holds on to it's last grasp of proving it belongs with the big boys. Unfortunately, it comes against Georgia.

#12 Ohio State (6-1) @ #20 Michigan State (6-1) ABC 3:30 PM

- I warned people 2 years ago that the new head coach would spell trouble for Big10 teams. Now it's the battle of Teacher vs. Pupil. Former Ohio State Defensive Coordinator Mark Dantonio takes prized OSU recruit Javon Ringer (couldn't get in to OSU due to Academics) and hopes to upset OSU on his way to the Big10 Championship

#17 Virginia Tech (5-1) @ Boston College (4-1) ESPN2 ESPN360 8:00 PM

- BC's had VT's number the past couple of years. Va Tech is hoping to reverse that trend. This will probably go down to the wire and Va Tech has experience this year with close games

#21 Wake Forest (4-1) @ Maryland (4-2) GamePlan ESPN360 12:00 pm
- Which Maryland team will show up? The ranked team killer, or the goose egg Virginia loser?

For posting your picks:
#9 BYU (6-0) @ TCU (6-1)
Florida State (4-1) @ NC State (2-4)
#11 Missouri (5-1) @ #1 Texas (6-0)
Michigan (2-4) @ #3 Penn State (7-0)
#16 Kansas (5-1) @ #4 Oklahoma (5-1)
#22 Vanderbilt (5-1) @ #10 Georgia (5-1)
#12 Ohio State (6-1) @ #20 Michigan State (6-1)
#17 Virginia Tech (5-1) @ Boston College (4-1)

And remember, if the game isn't listed, it's only because I don't see an upset being possible (or your team's just flat out not worth mentioning - All you Alcorn St. fans)

I'm looking forward to the Michigan game and that Texas game. Hopefully, both are at least exciting...

Really I'm supposed to Snow Kote the roof of my lanai this weekend, but thats some damn good football.

I'm sure I'll catch UGA vs. Vandy...no gator game this weekend so no blockparty...I was starting to enjoy those...I just saw that FL & UGA play on my birthday which will be the biggest blockparty of the year and my bday to boot...that will be a fun one :cool:

I'm sure I'll catch UGA vs. Vandy...no gator game this weekend so no blockparty...I was starting to enjoy those...I just saw that FL & UGA play on my birthday which will be the biggest blockparty of the year and my bday to boot...that will be a fun one :cool:

LMK how hanging out with the coaches is...

Birthdays and football parties aren't always a good mix. (My birthday was September 13 and I'm an Ohio State fan)

kind of...because in tough games like this when people have said they're going to lose, they generally come out on top. it's like reverse superstition

To be honest, if your team is favored, you don't want me to put your team in there. I only post games that an upset is very possible (even if I don't pick the upset) MSU has the capabilities to blow out OSU. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm not thinking it's impossible.