College Football Week 13

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
Made early due to the Holiday coming up. So sue me.

#4 Missouri (10-1) @ #2 Kansas (11-0)
This is Kansas' statement game. All the naysayers who say they're only undefeated because they haven't played anyone really will either be shut up or have their voices become louder. Missouri hopes to return to the Championship and get their 1st Big12 championship game ever. (their last championship was in the Big8 in 1969)

QB comparison
Chase Daniel comes in with 30 TD's and 3,590 yards. A QB Rating of 155.1, he's actually performed better this year than he did last year. Not only can he throw, but if necessary, he has the wheels to be able to get a first down.

Todd Reesing comes in with 30 TD's and 2,910 yards. A QB Rating of 156.5, he's putting up amazing numbers without making many mistakes.

RB Comparison
Tony Temple is the 1 horse man for the Tigers. It's evident that this is a pass heavy offense with only 634 yards rushing and 8 TD's to show for it. On the other side, Brandon McAnderson and Jake Sharp take the running duties for the Jayhawks. Quite the polar opposite with a combined 1797 yards and 22 TD's. Look for Kansas to eat up the clock and the yards using power football.

WR Comparison
Daniel has plenty of targets to find. They rely heavily on the pass and have very capable WR's and TE's to do so. Reesing's favorite targets are split evenly between Marcus Henry and Dexton Fields. Their TE's are sill a threat to take in the shallow passes.

When Mizzou has the Ball:
Pass Pass Pass. They will spread the field and look for the single coverage and exploit it. Their TE's will be a huge threat as well. Kansas comes in highly ranked in defense and will look to put that to the test when they play.

When Kansas has the ball:
Smashmouth football. They will run over the Tiger defense and then use playaction to give the WR's some love. They'll try to exploit mismatches and give the ball to their TE. Missouri will have to pressure the QB as Kansas is notorious for allowing sacks.

I like Kansas to win this game.

#11 USC (8-2) @ #6 Arizona State (9-1)
It's a three man race to the Finish for the Pac10 conference title. Two of the powers face each other head to head this Thursday. Arizona State can help cement their outright Pac10 title with a win here. USC can get at least a share of the title with a win.

QB comparison
John David Booty comes in with 15 TD's and 1,525 yards. An acceptable QB rating of 133.6. While he seems to have fixed his INT problems, his total output has also suffered bringing in the lowest yards since he played against Nebraska in his last two games and averaging 1.5 TD's a game since his return.

Rudy Carpenter comes in with 20 TD's and 2,528 yards. With a QB Rating of 152.3, he's been the most consistent out of the two. He's shown that his arm can help bail out the team when needed. (As evident by almost 400 yards of passing in the Oregon loss)

Both have had banged up throwing hands, and both have rested to see if their hands will be 100% coming into this showdown.

RB Comparison
Chauncey Washington takes the brunt of the carries for USC with Stafon Johnson doing cleanup duty. Together, they have combined for 1228 yards and 13 TD's. Keegan Herring splits time almost evenly with Ryan Torain. Chauncey likes to run it up the gut while Keegan and Ryan, while showing the ability to take it right to the defenders, head to the sidelines and attempt to use their speed to get around defenders.

WR Comparison
Booty's favorite targets are Fred Davis, Patrick Turner, and Vidal Hazelton. Their passing game consists of 4 WR sets with the occasional Behind the line of scrimmage pass to the RB's. The TE's are practically blockers. Carpenter's favorite targets are split evenly between 4 WR's in Michael Jones, Chris McGaha, Rudy Burgess, and Kyle Williams. Their TE's are sill a threat to take in the shallow passes.

When USC has the Ball:
Expect the rush to set up the pass. They will be very aggressive and attempt to take on a very good defense. This will play well for USC however as ASU's agressiveness tends to leave them open to screen passes as well as RB's who go up the gut. However you can bet the Sun Devil Defense will capitalize on the smallest error made by the Trojans.

When ASU has the ball:
Again going against an agressive defense so short passes will be key and make the WR's become the playmakers. Running up the gut will be key but as stated earlier, I don't see the ASU RB's doing that much. USC us going to have to rush the QB and force him to make bad decisions.

I like ASU to win this game.

Arkansas (7-4) @ #1 LSU (10-1)
The perrenial trap game. LSU holds their national championship future and control their own destiny. Arkansas gets to play spoiler and wants to put McFadden back on the Heisman track.

QB comparison
Casey Dick comes in with 17 TD's and 1,404 yards. A QB rating of 130.7, he's not the featured part of the offense and the numbers show it.

Matt Flynn comes in with 14 TD's and 2,024 yards. A QB Rating of 125.3, he's very prone to mistakes and has thrown an INT in almost every single game. Whether this is indicative of his ability to play or risky calls made by the coach, it's hard to say.

RB Comparison
Darren McFadden takes the brunt of the carries for Arkansas with Felix Jones doing cleanup duty. Together, they have combined for 2551 yards and 23 TD's. Jacob Hester takes all the duties in the rushing attack with 771 yards and 9 TD's. LSU has the ability to switch between numerous RB's depending on the needs. Despite the paltry numbers comparitavely, LSU heavily depends on the rushing attack.

WR Comparison
Dick's favorite target is Peyton Hillis. It's pretty obvious they are a one trick pony as none of their WR's really have much to show for themselves. Flynn's favorite targets are Brandon LaFell and Early Doucet. Expect the long ball to be thrown a lot here.

When Arkansas has the Ball:
Run with McFadden. Run with McFadden. Run with McFadden. Pass with McFadden, lather, rinse, and repeat. LSU just needs to take all 11 helmets to McFadden, and they'll stop Arkansas

When LSU has the ball:
With a much more balanced offense, they should be able to pick apart the defense at will, rushing when they see the safeties far back, and passing when they put 9 in the box. Arkansas will simply have to capitalize on the risk taking andget enough picks to hang on or even pull an upset.

I like LSU to win this game.

#20 Connecticut (9-2) @ #3 West Virginia (9-1)
The last bastion of Big East hopes for National Title contention. West Virginia squeeked by the dream destroyers Cincinatti and now look to take on their next foe. A win here for uConn would cement their Big East Title championship.

QB comparison
Tyler Lorenzen comes in with 12 TD's and 2,118 yards. A QB rating of 128.8, he's very mobile and with an O-Line giving up 23 sacks, he'll need to make use of that.

Patrick White comes in with 11 TD's and 1,391 yards. A QB Rating of 153.5, he's a huge part of this offense playing the part of Vince Young for the Mountaneers.

RB Comparison
uConn splits the time almost evenly between Andre Dixon, and Donald Brown II. Combining for 1362 yards and 10 TD's they shore up a rushing attack that will leave Defenders guessing when you add Lorenzen's 300 yards and 1 TD into the mix. Steve Slaton is the main workhorse here for the Mountaneers. His 988 yards and 15 TD's are only low due to the fact that the QB comes in with 958 yards and 12 TD's of his own.

WR Comparison
Lorenzen's favorite target are Terence Jeffers and D.J. Hernandez. They handle the long ball well and are the cause for explosion on the team's offense. White's favorite target is Darius Reynaud. Whenever there's a pass, he's the main go to Receiver.

When uConn has the Ball:
This is goign to be smashmouth football so expect a lot of runs and maybe even some trickeration. WVU will have to pressure Lorenzen and get those sacks up.

When WVU has the ball:
You're looking at the Spread Option here. Is the ball going to Slaton or White? Will it be a playaction or a run? uConn should focus all their attention on both Slaton and White (easier said than done) and contain the both of them in the backfield.

I'm picking uConn for the upset here.

Other games of note:

Texas @ Texas A&M - Texas hopes to regain their shot at the Big12 championship game if they can hold on to the lead here and with an OK State victory agaisnt the Sooners.

Boise State @ Hawaii - Hawaii hopes to keep their undefeated season intact but will have their hands full against Boise State.

Virginia Tech @ Virginia - Virginia Tech won't have a pushove win this time against the Cavaliers the winner of this goes to the ACC Title game

Oklahoma St. @ Oklahoma - Oklahoma was spoiled out of the NC hunt. Now the Cowboys come in with hopes of spoiling their Big12 title hunt.

Notreadingthat.jpg

I can't wait for the Kansas/Mizzou game. That's, by far, the best game of the week.

I'll also have to root for SC over ASU. I grew up with my aunt being a HUGE SC fan, so it has been ingrained in me.

i hopin missouri wins. they're playing at arrowhead stadium 3 miles down the street from me, so i'm hoping to be out of town during that whole circus.

i hopin missouri wins. they're playing at arrowhead stadium 3 miles down the street from me, so i'm hoping to be out of town during that whole circus.

:lol: I know exactly what you mean. I live 2 miles away from the main freeway exit to the game. Same setup +20,000 more people.

missouri won! :D

i hate both the teams, but MU deserved it alot more than KU. KU has a bunch of fairweather fans and havnt filled their own 40k stadium in years. MU has had the same crappy team as them for the past 15 years and still manage to pack their 70k stadium every home game.

how about that LSU upset?

missouri won! :D

i hate both the teams, but MU deserved it alot more than KU. KU has a bunch of fairweather fans and havnt filled their own 40k stadium in years. MU has had the same crappy team as them for the past 15 years and still manage to pack their 70k stadium every home game.

how about that LSU upset?

Fucking Ohio State :mad:

:lol:

Michigan has come aloooooooong ways since that appalacian state thing though. beginning of their season they were looking really pathetic. At least they didn't turn out like notre dame. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Michigan has come aloooooooong ways since that appalacian state thing though. beginning of their season they were looking really pathetic. At least they didn't turn out like notre dame. :lol: :lol:

True. Michigan now has the added benefit of a guaranteed underdog against whoever they play. Hopefully they can use that and get their seniors out with a bowl victory

Im sooo torn. I'd love to go to the Rose Bowl, but I don't want OSU to get a shot at the title. Not that they have a chance at winning, but whatever...

Honestly, OSU is just as outclassed this year as last.

I'm not going to argue whether or not we would have won the game or not, but there were numerous factors attributed to it being a blowout. Florida being the way better team was not one of them (that just explains them beating us in general)

I'm not going to argue whether or not we would have won the game or not, but there were numerous factors attributed to it being a blowout. Florida being the way better team was not one of them (that just explains them beating us in general)

Florida was a way better team. Hell, they still may be. :p