Christmas shopping for young gentlemen..

gottoys? said:
About how old are these young gentelmen?

Seems to me all young guys want now a days is games. Socom III is pretty cool I guess - and this forum is big on BF.

I want to buy the boys remote control boats - to get them to go outside. I love parks with lakes so I'll be able to get them to go with me ( ha ha diabolical mom's).
They're all 21-23
The one I'm having the most trouble with doesn't own his own console :lol: so Video games are out.

I always wanted a remote control boat :( My mom said no.

Pandora said:
Oooo! They've got some neat shirts. :cool:
I sent the Lost A Wheel one and another one.. er.. I forget. It was grey.
I wanted the "Loch Ness Imposter" one but it's sold out :( :(

Candy said:
Damn Xbox 360 is on Shawn's wishlist. You guys and your expensive toys...
Jesus. I wouldn't spend that much money unless I was married.. and made alot more money than I do now..

Bubbles said:
She almost has to get it for him after he bought the tv specifically for the 360.
Considering people who made preorders still don't have theirs, unless you spend a crap load of money on Ebay or beat up an old woman, you're not getting one this Christmas it seems. Wait till spring when more games are out and the system will be available in abundance. Hopefully by then they can clear up that poewr supply issue. I have to admit to being sexually attracted to 99 Nights and Gears of War.

Drool-Boy said:
I played CoD2 or whatever it was on one at EB this weekend.
It was super-yummy.
I played it and thought the control sucked. I like the new controller though. Much nicer than the orginal Xbox controllers.

Candy said:
Damn Xbox 360 is on Shawn's wishlist. You guys and your expensive toys...

Xbox360 - $399 for years of enjoyment and actual use.
1 Carat Diamond ring - ~$1200 for years of enjoyment but no actual use.

theacoustician said:
I played it and thought the control sucked. I like the new controller though. Much nicer than the orginal Xbox controllers.

Yeah, the controlls felt a bit sluggish to me, but they could probably be tweaked in the options.

The duke or the s? I really liked the duke.
I use the logitech wireless now, and the new controller feels a lot like it to me.

Drool-Boy said:
Yeah, the controlls felt a bit sluggish to me, but they could probably be tweaked in the options.

The duke or the s? I really liked the duke.
I use the logitech wireless now, and the new controller feels a lot like it to me.
Both. Its comfy and has a solid feel to it. I don't know how responsive the wireless one is though. I'm guessing it's just as good.

Considering Elder Scrolls is looking to be 4 DVDs long, if I ever got a 360, I'll wait till they either 1. get a HD-DVD drive in them 2. use a Steam-like service for game distribution of major titles.

theacoustician said:
Considering Elder Scrolls is looking to be 4 DVDs long, if I ever got a 360, I'll wait till they either 1. get a HD-DVD drive in them 2. use a Steam-like service for game distribution of major titles.

I dont get why people are bothered by this.
Wasnt RE4 spread over 3 or 4 discs?

Lynnakitty said:
Jesus. I wouldn't spend that much money unless I was married.. and made alot more money than I do now..

Not married yet, engaged but not married. Since the ring is worth as much as a used car, I am going to have to eat Ramen Noodles for awhile, grin, and bear it. ;)

Drool-Boy said:
I dont get why people are bothered by this.
Wasnt RE4 spread over 3 or 4 discs?
2 and it was at a spot where changing discs wasn't a big deal. Any linear game could probably be just fine spread over several discs. However, imagine "open ended" games or sports games over several discs. That would blow.

theacoustician said:
2 and it was at a spot where changing discs wasn't a big deal. Any linear game could probably be just fine spread over several discs. However, imagine "open ended" games or sports games over several discs. That would blow.

Maybe itll just install all the discs to the hard drive:shady: