chemicals and evolution

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
so april's thing on food got me wondering:

do you think our bodies are going to adapt somehow to all the chemicals we live in? we eat them, we drink them, we wear them, we breathe them. they're in our food, drinks, air, clothes, makeup, hair stuff, on the ground we walk barefoot on...they are EVERYWHERE.

so do you think that our bodies are adapting to it all? do you think this is a "get used to it or die" thing? are our bodies capable of incorporating chemicals into the design of themselves? survival of the fittest?

or will the "fittest" end up being the ones who resist the chemicals?

i have not done any kind of research on this. it's a passing wonder and i'm curious about y'all's opinions.

Why do you think girls mature earlier than they use to do? It's the increase of estrogen in the foods we eat due to the way they speed grow livestock.

The high fructose corn syrup that is in so many of our foods makes the people fat, docile, and stupid. Which contrary to belief is what your leaders want you to be. People are too glued to their tvs to question the fact that we're being lied to and robbed on a daily basis.

Sorry. I'm in one of those moods.

Last edited:
The advent of cooked food precipitated the rise in human intelligence, as the body did not have to work as hard to digest and absorb the nutrients, so the brain benefitted from the extra energy.

So of course, we're adapting to all of this junk we're taking in these days, but it's not been an overly long period of time in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure changes can already be seen.

fat_evolution.jpg

do you think our bodies are going to adapt somehow to all the chemicals we live in? we eat them, we drink them, we wear them, we breathe them. they're in our food, drinks, air, clothes, makeup, hair stuff, on the ground we walk barefoot on...they are EVERYWHERE.

so do you think that our bodies are adapting to it all? do you think this is a "get used to it or die" thing? are our bodies capable of incorporating chemicals into the design of themselves? survival of the fittest?

i have not done any kind of research on this. it's a passing wonder and i'm curious about y'all's opinions.

We certainly will, just not on a scale that we can recognize.

The advent of cooked food precipitated the rise in human intelligence, as the body did not have to work as hard to digest and absorb the nutrients, so the brain benefitted from the extra energy.

So of course, we're adapting to all of this junk we're taking in these days, but it's not been an overly long period of time in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure changes can already be seen.

There was intelligence before cooking...

Why do you think girls mature earlier than they use to do? It's the increase of estrogen in the foods we eat due to the way they speed grow livestock.

The high fructose corn syrup that is in so many of our foods makes the people fat, docile, and stupid. Which contrary to belief is what your leaders want you to be. People are too glued to their tvs to question the fact that we're being lied to and robbed on a daily basis.

:heart:

this.

Really depends on the chemicals.. Some chemicals we will never adjust to and some we already have.

There is a growing push in at least America afaik for more organic foods. Even Walmart has recognized this. The industry will continue push towards healthier foods so long as the market demands it.

No kidding,

My daughter is 9 and started getting boobs this summer already. :/

Her stepmother is a slob who eats crap though, so it doesn't help.

Girls maturing is probably more related to all the estrogen you chicks are pissing into the water supply. Thank you birth control!

edit: Pics of daughter? :hi2u:

Girls maturing is probably more related to all the estrogen you chicks are pissing into the water supply. Thank you birth control!

edit: Pics of daughter? :hi2u:

yes, supposedly that's a big thing as well. all the meds pissed away by geriatrics taking them by the fistful isn't helping either

Each generation continues to live longer than the one prior. Clearly the chemicals are giving us super powers.