Ontopic Celebrity sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any of those names so I'm going to assume they are all college football players. Is that okay?

I had some beers with Keifer Sutherland.

All but two were NFL Players. (one was in the NFL but never cracked a real rotation before getting a career ending injury, the other was a head coach) 4 of them will be getting in to the NFL Hall of Fame. All will be in the college football hall of fame if not already.

And yes it's ok. If you don't watch football other than your team, I really don't expect you to know them. But if you want names everyone recognizes:

Pope John Paul II
Regis Philbin
Arnold Schwarzanegger
Sylvester Stallone

All but two were NFL Players. (one was in the NFL but never cracked a real rotation before getting a career ending injury, the other was a head coach) 4 of them will be getting in to the NFL Hall of Fame. All will be in the college football hall of fame if not already.

And yes it's ok. If you don't watch football other than your team, I really don't expect you to know them. But if you want names everyone recognizes:

Pope John Paul II
Regis Philbin
Arnold Schwarzanegger
Sylvester Stallone

Is that the cast for The Expendables 3?

Matthew Broderick is the only one I can think of off the top of my head... though I've met a handful of those OSU football people previously mentioned.

Bad thing with Matthew Broderick is that he wasn't near as good looking in person at the time as I remembered him. We were all on TV together so that was kind of cool (some dumb made for TV movie special)

Would congressional members be considered celebrities? If so, I've met with Sen. Susan Collins and former Sen. Olympia Snowe at PWM on multiple occasions.
Back in 8th grade I met briefly with the now deceased Sen. Lautenberg and the congressman (whose name escapes me now) during my class trip to WDC.

oh oh if politicians count I met rahm emanuel on the train once

not really met, though, he was on his way to work and as he passed by I said "morning mr mayor" and he returned the greeting

whether or not someone loathes or loves his policies I give him props for taking the L to work every day. chicagoan through and through

Status
Not open for further replies.