cds to mp3s

theacoustician said:
You know, you can always reburn a CD for whatever mix you want. If you use the built in Windows burning app, you can burn yourself a new CD every time you go out.

yeah, i keep telling myself that, but the ocd in me doesn't want to waste cds. know what i mean?

Arátoeldar said:
Once it is all set up a 10 year old can use it. I'm sure Spang is more than knowledgeable enough to do that for her.

that's why i'm so lazy with computers. i live with a geek! i don't need to know anything. there are days where i wish i knew more, but i'm not willing to put up with spange's impatience to try harder.

Arátoeldar said:
Once it is all set up a 10 year old can use it. I'm sure Spang is more than knowledgeable enough to do that for her.

I've told her 2-3 times how to do it. Both times she took notes. EAC is ready to go.

1:Double-click EAC
2:Insert CD
3:Alt-G to get CDDB info
4:Click MP3 button
5:Find/Make dir
6:Click ok
7:CD Ejects
8 Goto 2

SpangeMonkee said:
I've told her 2-3 times how to do it. Both times she took notes. EAC is ready to go.

1:Double-click EAC
2:Insert CD
3:Alt-G to get CDDB info
4:Click MP3 button
5:Find/Make dir
6:Click ok
7:CD Ejects
8 Goto 2

you haven't read the whole thread, now, have you? :mad:

Code:
Music
|
*---Artist
|        |
|        *--Year - Album
|        |
|        *--Year - Album
|
*---Artist
         |
         *--Year - Album

Kekekeke

Thorn Bird said:
i give up on this thread. no one save the girls knows what i'm talking about.

It's similar to boys following directions, they interpret what they want to get out of it instead of what it's really saying.

Thorn Bird said:
i give up on this thread. no one save the girls knows what i'm talking about.
Yeah, you want a structure to put your files into.

The thing is that there is no way in hell you're going to get more than maybe 5 albums on a CD. Maybe you dont have a big collection though so *shrug*

The simplest thing would be to (assuming that you have 3-4 albums by each artist) is to put each artist on a seperate disc. You cant really mix it up then but I prefer to listen to full albums, they were made that way for a reason.

If you want to mix it up, store all those files in an organized structure on your computer like shown in my last post, so you can find whatever you're looking for fast. Then burn a CD-RW with whatever mix you currently like whenever you please (this is what I do before I go to work every week).

Foobar2000 (an audio player) can fuction as sorta a music database if you add all your music to it. Same thing with iTunes, but I'd rather nail my dick to a door than use it.

FlamingGlory said:
Yeah, you want a structure to put your files into.

The thing is that there is no way in hell you're going to get more than maybe 5 albums on a CD. Maybe you dont have a big collection though so *shrug*

The simplest thing would be to (assuming that you have 3-4 albums by each artist) is to put each artist on a seperate disc. You cant really mix it up then but I prefer to listen to full albums, they were made that way for a reason.

If you want to mix it up, store all those files in an organized structure on your computer like shown in my last post, so you can find whatever you're looking for fast. Then burn a CD-RW with whatever mix you currently like whenever you please (this is what I do before I go to work every week).

Foobar2000 (an audio player) can fuction as sorta a music database if you add all your music to it. Same thing with iTunes, but I'd rather nail my dick to a door than use it.
Dude, she doesn't care how the files are stored. She wants to know how people make mix CDs. My answer is still "Get some rewritables and do it however you feel that day".