Broadband speeds/FIOS

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I'm looking into Verizon's FIOS/FIOSTV/phone package right now. They're offering speeds ranging from 10down/2up to 50down/5up. I'm currently showing, with Roadrunner Business Class, a few different readings from different speed tests:

4409/1285 http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ using an ATL server

2077/744 speedtest.net using a Tampa server

3.33/1.96 http://myspeed.visualware.com/

Why are there such varied results? Why would the ATL test come back higher than TPA when I'm <50 miles from TPA?

I can't find the stats on what speed RR Biz Class is supposed to run at, but I seem to remember it being lower than even the slowest FIOS from what Zac told me a while back.

You people who can get FIOS are fkrs and wish all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!

That's not true, I don't really want that, but I am horribly jealous.

You people who can get FIOS are fkrs and wish all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!

That's not true, I don't really want that, but I am horribly jealous.

Download Speed: 26887 kbps (3360.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 5215 kbps (651.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'm also moving about 1500kb up and 500kb down on torrents right now while that test ran :D

Im pretty sure we're waiting for TV - I tried to call but got frustrated with the automated shit.
Verizon customer service is ass. It is really frustrating trying to get to a human to talk to then having them understand you do not have a Verizon number to look up the account.

I give it a 1 out of 10, but the FiOS connection truly rocks.

Verizon customer service is ass. It is really frustrating trying to get to a human to talk to then having them understand you do not have a Verizon number to look up the account.

I give it a 1 out of 10, but the FiOS connection truly rocks.

sounds like comcast

I'm so never getting phone through the internet :lol: fuck that, Ma Bell built a perfectly reliable copper network and intend to use it. I can plug any phone into any outlet in the middle of a blackout and get a dial tone. having to power cycle a router to make a call would be just as annoying as having to power cycle that fucking prius to get it out of Park