Beer Episode 2: Total disappointment

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So chim and I went to Rocky River Brewing Co for dinner tonight. It is right by his work, so it was convenient. This is a microbrew for the suburbs. Nice dining, nice brews, nothing really offensive, but still interesting. Apparently a couple Cleveland Indians went in together to help build the place up. Chim and I usually enjoy going there for cheap beer that's relatively tasty.

Unfortunately we plan on never going there again.

So tonight I started off with Blown Kilt Nut Brown. Given that title and the disturbing description, I was assuming a maltier nut brown style ale. What I had was flavorless synthetic tastes. The color was muddy and unfiltered (which usually is ok) but the smell and taste were highly forgetable. So much so I have no idea what else to write down about it because my water with lemon in it was more intriguing.

Then I moved on to the Blarney Rubble Irish Red. This was not Irish, nor Red. It was an even muddier color with some clay deposits thrown in. Of course traditionally irish reds are malty and smooth so I was expecting something similar. What I got was a flavor so transparent that there was a slight alcohol burn. What's more impressive is there is more alcohol in a Bud Light than in this brew. That is just how confused this brew is.

It is most disappointing. The old brew master who made the award-winning brews of yesteryear for the restaurant moved on to a different microbrewery opening this month. Chim and I are totally looking forward to that place because with the degridation of the menu at RRBC and the abysmal beers (I almost returned the Irish Red) we need a new place to go to.