Attn: Chikken

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
When we were in Boston we were unable to find Sam Adam's Cream Stout in the city. My intention was to get like 6 cases and ship them to Florida as the distributors here don't import it into the state.

What would I have to do to get you to send some down? I obviously will pay for the beer and shipping, but I know that the act itself will be a pain in the ass.

This is your mission should you choose to accept it...please...help

shawndavid said:
The local distributor won't bring it in. I've even called Jacksonville, Miami and Orlando.

So apparently Sam Adams ONLY sends product to their distributors. I don't know how that works. Is that something that all beer manufacturers do? I've only ever direct purchased rare scotch, so forgive my ignorance.

shawndavid said:
The local distributor won't bring it in. I've even called Jacksonville, Miami and Orlando.
You could always have it shipped to a friend in Atlanta, then pick it up in October when we all go up there...

I think this is simply a decision made by the companies who distribute here. I know that Cream Stout was carried in Florida - in Tally, at least - back in the early 90s as it was my beer of choice back then.

Other than that, Anheuser-Busch has long held the testicles of the state of Florida. It started out over 15 years ago with the omission of any beer not in a 12 oz bottle. This excluded the importation of most microbrews, as they were initially shipped in 22 oz bottles. It also, if memory serves me correctly, excluded 40 oz bottles of malts (Bud put theirs in 36 oz bottles, I believe). They also pressured legislators to decline any in-state microbreweries' possible rights to bottle their beers for local distribution and/or the filling of small 'Cornelius' kegs for outside sale. We now have two local breweries called Ybor and Dunedin who both bottle and keg their beers for sale locally - the latter actually uses 22oz bottles.

Anyhow, the original stipulations allowed Bud to greatly decrease their competition. We didn't see a Guinness draft can until the late 90s.

Again, though, this doesn't have anything to do with my Cream Stout issue. God I love beer...

I've sent beer to NY(I think that was the state; there was a knife included in the package) for f33nx and TX for patty.