atlanta bomb scare!

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
apparently there was a bomb scare downtown...a fake bomb that was apparently used in a commercial a few years ago somehow surfaced on the 22nd floor of a building at peachtree and 14th :lol:

whoops!

just saw it on cnn

zengirl said:
HOw many peachtree streets are there in Atlanta?
There are over 50 streets in the greater metro area with the word Peachtree in them.

Because of the rapid growth of the city of Atlanta, and in particular its suburban communities, visitors to the city can have trouble. A local joke is that all directions begin, "Go to Peachtree . . . . " Peachtree Street itself changes its name to Peachtree Road (mostly an urban principal arterial road today, but with an interesting history) just north of Midtown in Buckhead and then becomes Peachtree Industrial Boulevard (mostly an expressway with a freeway section) a few miles north of Buckhead.

The name is so popular that there are many streets with "Peachtree" as part of their name: thus there are Peachtree Creek Road, Peachtree Lane, Peachtree Avenue, Peachtree Circle, Peachtree Drive, Peachtree Plaza, Peachtree Way, Peachtree Memorial Drive, New Peachtree Road, and Peachtree Valley Road. West Peachtree Street is not the western branch of Peachtree Street, but a parallel major north-south street that is west of Peachtree Street. Others include Peachtree Battle Avenue, commemorating the Battle of Peachtree Creek and Peachtree-Dunwoody Road runs between Peachtree Street and Dunwoody, Georgia. Some of these streets intersect with Peachtree Street or are extensions of it, and some are nowhere near it. Not all the "Peachtrees" in Atlanta are given here.

zengirl said:
HOw many peachtree streets are there in Atlanta?
All of them :p

why_ask_why said:
a zillion...road, way, parkway, lane, etc
I've been asked ptree directions before.

"How do I get to Peachtree?"
"Which one?"
"I dunno, I think there's a Waffle House on it."
"Oh yea that narrows it down. :tard: There a strip club on it too?"

edit: although it's always fun to go "Take 285 all the way to end, turn left and follow the signs."

FlyNavy said:

"Which one?"

edit: although it's always fun to go "Take 285 all the way to end, turn left and follow the signs."
:lol:

Heh, I was once given directions to turn down a street that had no signs. We were driving around GA until 3 or 4 a.m. or some recockulously early time. From my experiance with ATL/Ga area, all directions include "Take that thur dirt road" or "Turn of the blacktop."

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I think it was bast's mom that gave the directions. It was so long ago, I can't quite recall. :heart:

InnerMuse said:
Heh, I was once given directions to turn down a street that had no signs. We were driving around GA until 3 or 4 a.m. or some recockulously early time. From my experiance with ATL/Ga area, all directions include "Take that thur dirt road" or "Turn of the blacktop."

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I think it was bast's mom that gave the directions. It was so long ago, I can't quite recall. :heart:

yea, that was when we lived in the trailer :fly:

FlyNavy said:

"Which one?"

Surprisingly not alot of people know that Atlanta has the most strip clubs per capita in America. its nice to know that someone else knows that other than me.