As of Right Now, Who Are You Voting for?

Who ya diggin'?

• Total voters
To a child a teacher is an authority figure. They spend as many if not more waking hours around their teachers as they do their parents.

The decalogue being in just about every school was a bad thing back then as well. It does not teach good moral lessons. The harm is that kids see an endorsement of a particular god over others by the government and by their own authority figures. That is a bad thing. You would complain twice as loudly as I am if tenants of islam were placed in all schools.

A particular god is not a particular religion. The ten commandments covers about 8 or so religions at least. It is not promoting a single state sponsored religion.

I think most understand it well enough. I'm honestly shocked that Duke had this reaction.

Each following generation is full of worse kids than the one before. We keep taking away from schools because 'things can be bad for them'...

Gee, what trend is current and continuous over the past 20 or so years that we can point to this. The baseless attacks on everything that worked for just about most of us as kids NOW are viewed as all wrong...

There is plenty around to look at to suggest that this direction we have put our skills in with this PC/legal/whatever bullshit is the wrong fucking direction.

A particular god is not a particular religion. The ten commandments covers about 8 or so religions at least. It is not promoting a single state sponsored religion.
It's promoting religion... what about religions that do not have the ten commandments? What about wiccans? What about FSM? What about Bob?!

Each following generation is full of worse kids than the one before. We keep taking away from schools because 'things can be bad for them'...

Gee, what trend is current and continuous over the past 20 or so years that we can point to this. The baseless attacks on everything that worked for just about most of us as kids NOW are viewed as all wrong...

There is plenty around to look at to suggest that this direction we have put our skills in with this PC/legal/whatever bullshit is the wrong fucking direction.

You can babble on about your 'bad for kids' straw man argument if you want.

blah, blah, blah

For over 200 years, the stance in this country is that there is no State sponsored religion (or religions, if you want to nitpick more). End of discussion.

Don't like it?
1. Move
2. Add an amendment to the Constitution

blah, blah, blah

For over 200 years, the stance in this country is that there is no State sponsored religion (or religions, if you want to nitpick more). End of discussion.

Don't like it?
1. Move
2. Add an amendment to the Constitution

Bullshit, it covers the two that read that book. Judaism and christianity. That's a weak excuse and you know it. Not to mention that it's still promoting religion in general, something that the government should no do. It's as harmful to children as putting up a picture of jesus riding a t-rex and teaching it as science.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I don't think we're talking about the same science. He is not a climatologist, he is an environmentalist. No one is claiming the latter as a science. Nor does he speak for anyone but himself.

I don't think we're talking about the same science. He is not a climatologist, he is an environmentalist. No one is claiming the latter as a science. Nor does he speak for anyone but himself.

You're right. We're not talking about science. You're talking about uneducated guesses.

How many people have said 'man, having the ten commandments in school has really fucked me up'?

The only straw man arguments out are people saying how bad the 10 commandments are when there is no evidence besides your nerd rage that it is.

to say it 'promotes religion' is akin to saying 'I wouldn't fuck her because of her elbows.' 100% Internet nerd based argument that has no actual evidence in fact.