[Article] Article: The Dating Lighthouse: Part 2

#ThrowbackThursday - Dirk originally wrote this on 5/5/2005. RIP DIRKY

In early times, people set fires at the edge of the water to warn boats of dangerous rocks and shores. In modern times, I will write stories at the edge of insanity to warn people of dangerous bitches and whores.

I closed my eyes.

I could still feel the pressure of her body against mine, still feel the rhythmic pulsing of our bodies. I turned on my side, and the scent of her filled my lungs. It was sweet, like cocaine in aerosol form. The scent covered the sheets as I shifted to a warmer spot. Our spot.

I hadn't felt like this in a long time. I had surprised her when I got home, put the cat out, and did what nature intended but God forbid. We let each other know exactly what we were hoping for, and we both knew what to do. When you feel someone that close, that sensually, you can't help but forget all the bad things, all the things that drove you away in the first place. After months of avoiding, pandering, and everything that made me wish I was somewhere else, we finally found that little piece of us that was untouchable, yet so soft. God she felt so soft.

I had spent the last few months closing doors between us. I tried to shut out the bad feelings, the fights, the screaming fits. It just seemed like we could never get along. I tried to keep a door open between us, but I felt like all that did was let in the bad air again. After our last fight I promised myself this would be over. But instead I realized that all that did was make us fight more. Too many closed doors means nowhere else to go.

So I left all the doors open. I let her see me, and then I let her feel me. We would work through this, we would not let petty fights consume our nights, our thoughts, or anything that was ours. We were going to make this work, and it started with the most base emotions. And after our time together, there would be more that we can enjoy, more that we can share. We would build off this feeling, and no door would ever be closed.

We felt invincible. We felt as one. We felt..

*fffffffbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRR*

"Oopsie!"

I looked toward the restroom.

She left the door open...again.

Some doors aren't meant to be left open.